FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
last boss too hard <SPOILER>
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But then we would have to deal with potato bonded archnids.

Imagines a throbbing cybernetic potato.

Realistically throwing spuds at them would be an extravagent waste of biomass because the aegis is a closed ecosystem and can not afford to give up as little as a drop of sweat.
HEL 9000

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the aegis is NOT a closed ecosystem! what do you think all those mining operations are for? thats MASS ENTERING THE SYSTEM

its an OPEN SYSTEM especially since your ship flies out and is risked never coming back... (matter leaving the system)
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEL 9000 wrote:
the aegis is NOT a closed ecosystem! what do you think all those mining operations are for? thats MASS ENTERING THE SYSTEM

its an OPEN SYSTEM especially since your ship flies out and is risked never coming back... (matter leaving the system)

Alien Minerals are not Not BIOmass.
Biomass is the dry weight of all organic life forms in a ecosystem.
The living organic compounds inside the Aegis are the most valuable resource in the Grid. If the Archnid could make there own than they would have done it long ago and would not care about the humans instead choosing to dispatch them the same half-assed manner they did the Xenarch.
NoPetrol

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:

To be fair - that's our fault. We should really define where the game ends and matters are taken out of your hands a little more clearly. Apologies to anyone we confused. I really would love to come back to the end sequence one day and spend some time 'tarting it up'. Since it would require zero input from Poo Bear, it's always going to be a possibility.

If you are going to do more work on the end some day, might I make a suggestion?

Give the player a few seconds to see that his or her ship is disabled (I made a suggestion somewhere else to put some more time between the defeat of the boss and the start of the dialogue so at least the boss's explosion isn't interrupted). I mean, like during the final boss fight in Super Metroid, when you pound on the d-pad and you see Samus kind of get up but she doesn't. Maybe when you try to shoot your guns just short out, and when you try to move the engines sputter. And you could also add some alarms or something. Make this go on for a few seconds until the Aegis comes. The way it is now it seems like there was absolutely no reason for the captain to sacrifice herself. My ship was obviously still fully functional and I could have continued kicking the boss's ***.

But those suggestions would take a lot of programming and maybe some more artwork, wouldn't they?

Oh by the way I just finished this game for the first time a few hours ago, but the endless praise I have for it shall be saved for another post.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback and congrats on finishing the game, when I hear about someone completing it I get a warm feeling inside Smile
NoPetrol

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Fost"]
Anticheese wrote:

Spoiler (highlight to read):

I recently played Cave Story, and there's a death that occurs in that game that is really subtlely handled and made me genuinely sad. When I found out later you could stop that happening, it belittled my previous experience. (Great Game Though!!)

Which death is that?
NoPetrol

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind. I've discovered that game has tens of secrets I didn't find, and whatever you are talking about is probably one of them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: