FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Voices?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Battlescape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeenark = good guys

Arknid = bad guys
callmeminyme

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so thats how you say it, i was wondering...

oh hey which ones the sercurity officer guy, you know the guy that looks like a cross between fready of scooby do and michjackson at an early age
RailGun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm this makes me think of the bentusi from homeworld and the beast naggarok from HW:C. The Naggarok might make a good archnid queen voice and the bentusi from either HW or HW:C might make a good xenarch voice or at the very least make a good example for you people to mimic or something Smile .
Toren Kanesun

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh... well tragedy has struck... had my tonsils out so probably won't be doing any recording soon... I was messing around a bit ago but forgot to save my work... oh well.
Toren Kanesun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a while, but I'm still thinking of giving a go at this. I already promised a friend some promos for an internet broadcast show she does, so I may just do all that at once.

I think I may start out with the introduction to StarScape... Rin Fubuki, Captain of the Aegis... etc.

Oh, how do you say Aegis? Is it eh-gis or ay-giss?

Anyway, I'll try to get back on track and do this in a week or so. And just in case I think I'll use both pronunciations. Razz

- T K
OvermindDL1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aegis: Pronunciation: 'E-j&s also 'A-
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin, from Greek aigis, literally, goatskin, from aig-, aix goat; akin to Armenian ayc goat
1 : a shield or breastplate emblematic of majesty that was associated with Zeus and Athena
2 a : PROTECTION <under the aegis of the constitution> b : controlling or conditioning influence <many American mothers, under the aegis of benevolent permissiveness ... actually neglect their children -- Time>
3 a : AUSPICES, SPONSORSHIP <under the aegis of the museum> b : control or guidance especially by an individual, group, or system <acted under the court's aegis>

On the link, click the speaker icons for how to pronounce it.
Toren Kanesun

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good link, but that left me with the same two guesses as I did before. Seems I was pronouncing it correctly all along... I guess it comes down to personal preference. I've always thought that the first of two vowels would give it's "namesake" pronunciation, so I always thought a+e = A, but the link also gives the E pronunciation.

That being out of the way, I was wondering how the MoPo team likes to pronounce it. After all, it is their game. Smile

- T K
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toren Kanesun wrote:
I was wondering how the MoPo team likes to pronounce it. After all, it is their game. Smile

funnily enough, we both pronounce it differently!

I say: AY-GISS (Ay as in Hay, hard G like in God, iss like in Hiss)

Mark says: EE-JIS (EE as in Tree, J as in Judge, Is as in Hiss).

The original Greek would have been more of a g than a J I think, and I just think it sounds a bit 'harder' so prefer it that way for the mothership name. I think Mark's way might be more correct, but it's probably just down to his Yorkshire accent in reality! (Go see the new Wallace and Grommit movie - Mark sounds like Wallace!*)

*well, not quite Wink
Toren Kanesun

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL

I remember seeing a few of those, my sister and I love them. I say it's about time they did a full-fledged movie. I know Chicken Run was made by the same creator, but glad to see he went back to his roots and made a W&G movie. He does have talent in showing how Grommit feels without him uttering a single word.

Back on topic, I'll probably just do both variations you posted, Fost, and I suppose a vote would be in order.
Toren Kanesun

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: First Test! Reply with quote

I did some stuff with the Xenarch voice, because I've been practicing sounding like a Speak and Spell for a while now. This is Ta O Ra Eh Na's doc-tor, he is too sick to work to-day.

Unedited, unadulterated, unfriendly Xenarch voice done by a mere human
I am Xenarch of Borg

- T K
Wartagon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Oh well Reply with quote

I'm probably way too late concerning the voice acting, but I found it amusing to record anyway. So here's my contribution as the Archnid Queen:

http://www.lhs.se/~larnoh/archnidqueen.mp3

It doesn't really sound like a female. But neither do I imagine the Archnid Queen to look completely like a female creature. So it is sort of a mixture Smile

Have a great day everyone.
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if that was a female voice that would be perfect
Wartagon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: hey Reply with quote

Yeah. It's quite hard to make your voice sound like female at the same time as you try to sound like an evil creature.

Oh. I had quite fun recording yesterday, so I decided to record some of the other quotes:

http://www.lhs.se/~larnoh/Bud.mp3

http://www.lhs.se/~larnoh/JJ.mp3

http://www.lhs.se/~larnoh/Max.mp3

Yes. And since I'm a sixteen year-old boy from Sweden, there might be some weird pronuciations in there. I was quite unsure how to pronouce the words; "invulnerable" and "utterly"
If you find my pronuciation all too weird, I guess I could record a new version of the quotes Smile

Again. I know that I might be too late to apply for the voice acting job, but I thought it was funny to record anyway.
Slyh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: hey Reply with quote

Wartagon wrote:
And since I'm a sixteen year-old boy from Sweden, there might be some weird pronuciations in there. I was quite unsure how to pronouce the words; "invulnerable" and "utterly"

Try Merriam-Webster Online for (hopefully) correct pronunciation of english words. That should help. :-)
Wartagon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: yeah Reply with quote

Yeah, I looked at that webpage before. I found invulnerable, but not utterly Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Battlescape All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: