FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
what 2004/2005 games are you looking forward to?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halo 2 - Just so you know, they will not screw it up. go look at some of the new stuff. It's unbelieveable... Pre-reserved since 2 christmases (spelled right?) ago.

Fable - Next Tuesday! No Pre-reservation.

Splinter Cell 3: Chaos Theory - 1 week after Halo 2! Already pre-reserved 2 copies (2 machines, 1 network, co-op mode, do the math Wink ).

Half-life 2 - Provided my machine can run it. Not Pre-reserved.

Starcraft Ghost: Project on hiatus until Blizzard can find someone to finish the game. Pre-reserved (*******!).

Maybe a few others too (Like "Rome: Total War"!). Like Halo 2 and Chaos Theory Shocked

Yes, I do obsess over these 2 games.
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait till evil genius comes out here

mmmm, star wars knights of the old republic 2? the first one was sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet (if you haven't played it, go out and get a copy NOW)

of course, noone should consider halo 2 important (i HATE halo)

donkey konga for the gamecube looks like it'll be fun (hitting drums to music, doesn't sound like fun but trust me, it will be)

metroid prime 2: NO gamecube collection is more than 5% complete unless it has a copy of the original metroid prime

mario tennis on the cube again looks like it'll be fun

pokemon fire red/leaf green on the gba - still not sure whether i'll get one of these. they're remakes of red and blue (red and green in japan, hence the names of these ones) i might get them just so i can add even more to my list of pokemon in ruby

speaking of pokemon, i'm still unsure of whether i'll get emerald

should have mentioned it earlier, but ratchet & clank 3 is coming out in a few months. i'm a HUGE fan of the first two, so.....
starscape junkie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, after having world of warcraft torn away from me after about a week and a half of play, looking back i can actually classify it as an addiction. Best MMORPG ever!

I have never had a good reason to stay up past 1 in the morning, let alone for a week and a half in a row Confused Thank god it ended before school started up.

Evil Genuis was a plesant suprise, id been following it on and off since i saw the e3 vid, and i am hoping that having an extremely good game in my possesion might wane my need for World of Warcraft.

Fable looks awesome, and Rome should be a nice addition to my rps collection.

Of course, i am increasingly angry at the videogame industry for releasing every good game late in the year, and putting out so few in the rest of the year. They never release at a time when i can afford to enjoy them. High level mathematics & sciences and video games do not mix well, let alone a deluge of them.

Sadly i only see one gba game in my near future, the newest kirby which appears to return to the kirby superstar era(why are all the best platformers on the snes?) not quite the classic, but close enough to warant buying.

I appoligise if some/all of this doesnt make sense. High level physics homework + Heavy programing session means im suprised that im actually coherent.
HunterXI

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KOTOR 2 - Definitely. The first was unbelieveable, the second will be r0x.

Fable - Just got it Sunday!

Burnout 3 - Already come out, need to get *** to Gamestop and buy copy
Jake89

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel slightly childish saying this... but the main game I'm looking forward to is Kingdom Hearts 2. Embarassed I'm also looking forward to Battlescape of course, but KH2 is my the one I want the most. (Squaresoft+Disney=XD) (BTW I'm 15.)

Edit: I had put that I am 14... I'm a little poo-brained, cus I just turned 15 recently. ^_^

Last edited by Jake89 on Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scuare has reached a point whare anything thay make will be insanly popular no matter what it is (unless it is a CGI movie) i mean if thay can make a game whith disny chairs cool
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake89 wrote:
(Squaresoft+Disney=XD)

Don't get me started on Disney...
Jake89

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you don't like disney...? Or do you like disney so much you don't wanna start blabing on about it?
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that most of the public thinks that Toy Story is a Disney film annoys the hell out of me.
Then there's the fact that I loathe Mickey Mouse, and this is confounded by half of Europe calling a cartoon, a 'mickeymouse'.
Then there's the fact that they sat on most of the Ghibli film rights for ages and wouldn't release them in the West.
Then there's the Disney town thing, which is pretty scary.
Then there's the influence they put on the film distributor companies they own not to release any films that oppose their political views.

I can go on and on, but lets face it, most of the above is second hand information, and I don't have an all consuming hatred of Disney: essentially it boils down to a dislike of singing in films. Very Happy

It's a little sad that traditional animation has now ended at Disney- I wonder where all those master animators are going to go?
HunterXI

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toy Story was a Pixar film. Anyone who thinks that it's a Disney film is a retard.
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yah and pixar and disney broke up so hopefuly nobody will make that mestake whtih the incredables
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't The Incedibles still part of the Disney deal? I recall there was some dodgy element to the contract that said any sequels were counted as one film - so ToyStory 1/2 are counted as one, then there's
A Bug's Life
Monsters Inc.
Finding NEmo

with The Incredibles as their '5th' movie in the deal. Or have I forgotten one?
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not really shure
Johnh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, topic derailed.

I'm looking forward to:
World of Warcraft
Metroid Prime 2
Halo 2
the new Zelda game

In my opinion, World of Warcraft does invent some new innovative gameplay concepts. They came up with the idea with "instanced zones" before any other MMORPG. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your view) EQ stole this idea from Blizzard before World of Warcraft was released. Another neat tidbit is the fact that you have to deal with "rest". You can buy rooms at an inn, and log out in your room. When you come back, you feel well rested, which gives you an experience bonus. Also, as you play, your character will get 'tired' and get experience penalties (after a few hours). There are some other interesting gameply concepts, you just have to look for them.
starscape junkie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, having played the game for a week, i can definitly say that rest does not work like that. No buying rooms at an inn, and there are no penalties. Rested is 2x expereince a bar (a bar is 5% of total for level)for every 8 hours you rest in town (you get the bonus as long as you are in town)

Evil Genuis is fun fun fun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: