FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Are you normal or freakish?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Are you normal or freakish? Reply with quote

2010 All Formats Chart

1 .Call of Duty: Black Ops
2. FIFA 11
3. Just Dance
4. Red Dead Redemption
5. Wii Fit Plus
6. Just Dance 2
7. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
8. Wii Sports Resort
9. Halo: Reach
10. Battlefield: Bad Company 2

2010 PC Chart

1. Football Manager 2011
2. Football Manager 2010
3. The Sims 3
4. World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
5. Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty

From the all format chart I've got Red Dead, WiiFitPlus and Reach. I'll definitely be getting Assassins Creed as I'm such a glutten for punishment and will play anything if its open world Wink

From the PC chart I've got Sims3, but my Sims just lay in a pool of their own filth crying before setting fire to themselves Confused I haven't bought Starcraft2 yet, but as Starcraft1 was my favourite game for many years I definitely will get it, I'm just scared it won't live up to expectations and need to make room in my games backlog.

PC chart seems a bit predictable really Sad
Rup

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very odd I guess by that test. I've got Wii Fit Plus and Wii Sports Resort only, and still haven't played Wii Sports Resort.

My biggest game of the year - in terms of hours sunk into at least - is probably Mass Effect 2. Which is awesome.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm now struggling to pick a favourite between Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption and Fallout New Vegas.

I've just hit 30 hours on New Vegas - now I'm the first to say boasting about excessive play time in games is rubbish 'I played Final Fantasy X for 60 hours', etc. A short excellent game is more than worthy i.e. Limbo. New Vegas is weird though, a lot of the side quests are just 'go here, shoot, collect, return', but I'm still not getting bored of it. I think it's a mixture of atmospheric setting and story with my psychological weakness for collecting and exploring. I now how a side kick and a dog, both capable of carrying a lot of gear, all three of us weighed down with full loads of weapons, ammo, water, food, drugs, etc.

Imagine if Bioware had hired 10 extra scripters and put them to work adding side missions to fill up every single planet on the map. I'd probably still be playing it now!
Chrisj

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I've even played any of those, so I guess I'm weird. But you knew that already Smile

I'm pretty sure my most-played game of the year has been Torchlight (Steam reports a slightly horrifying 200+ hours, although that's total for two of us*), followed by Overlord 2, Recettear, NWN2, and King's Bounty: Armoured Princess in some order or other. From which we can conclude that I (and my girlfriend) mostly play indie games and old ones. Also, that we're both RPG fanatics Smile

* it's a great game to play when you just need to kill things for a bit; a shallower but more polished version of Diablo 2.
Weeble
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of those listed, I have only played Starcraft 2. I don't have a lot of interest in the others, except perhaps World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, which I would probably play if I unexpectedly became wealthy enough not to need to work.

As for Starcraft 2 meeting the expectations set by Starcraft 1, I would say not to worry. It is not a revolutionary game, but I consider it a strong sequel that improves over Starcraft 1 in almost every area. In single player you feel a lot more continuity between missions, and you actually have meaningful choices to make between missions and long-term tech that spans missions, making for more fun replaying missions and more flexibility to avoid missions you find too difficult until you can find something that will make it easier. I would say the missions themselves are better designed and more fun, and various little tweaks take out a lot of the more repetitive tedium - e.g. you don't have to research stuff like siege mode for tanks, yamato guns for cruisers or special abilities for ravens every mission.

In multiplayer, there are far fewer half-baked game elements. For example, in SC1, queens had the ability to infest command-centres to make infested terrans, which came into play once in a blue moon and even then it wasn't really worth the effort - I can't really think of any stuff like that in SC2. In SC1 some terran buildings had add-ons that you could build adjacent to them to expand the range of units they could make, but which were weak and could be destroyed separately from the main building. They were left behind if the building lifted off, and in theory could be captured by an enemy terran if they landed their building next to your abandoned add-on, but this didn't happen a whole lot. In SC2 they have rounded these out into a more interesting and strategic feature. Whereas SC1 had the machine shop as the only add-on for the factory, the control tower as the only add-on for the starport, a choice of covert ops or physics lab for the science facility and the choice of comsat or nuclear silo for the command-centre, SC2 has only two add-ons, the reactor and the tech lab, either of which may be attached to any of the main unit producing buildings, the barracks, the factory and the starport. The main thing this allows is a lot more strategy by lifting off your bulidings and swapping them around between different add-ons. I find that a more elegant and exciting design.

Other mechanics from SC1 that have been made more fun or interesting are zerg creep (more ways to spread it, more effects from it), protoss power fields (another unit to create them, and an ability to warp in units anywhere affected by a power field), zerg burrowing (a limited set of units can now move while burrowed, but there are no longer any units that can attack while burrowed) and zerg nydus canals (which were replaced by nydus worms, which are much easier to make use of).

Units that did not return from SC1 (in the multiplayer game, anyway) are medics, which is sad, but they were ridiculously good; firebats, which were distinctive in style but not that interesting in play; vultures, which I do miss a bit; goliaths, which were boring and good riddance; valkyries, which were rubbish and broke in large games when they exhausted the game's internal sprite limit; wraiths, which are not as fun as banshees; lurkers, which I miss but must have been a nightmare to balance; queens[1], which I don't miss as much as I thought I would; devourers, which are not as interesting as corruptors; guardians, which are not as interesting as brood lords; defilers, which I genuinely miss; dragoons, which are not as interesting as stalkers; reavers, which is a bit of a shame; corsairs, which I didn't like all that much; scouts, which were just not very interesting; arbiters, which are sort of replaced by the mothership, but I do miss a bit; and dark archons, which I also think is a shame but I also remember them being an annoying unit both to use and to fight against. Overall I think they took a lot of weak stuff and either dropped it or made it good, while adding new stuff that meshes together well to create strong themes for each race.

[1] - SC2 has a unit called a queen, but it is utterly different in every way.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm quite excited about Starcraft2 now, it sounds like quite a lot of changes, I must accelerate my way through my games backlog!

I'm up to 35 hours in New Vegas now, eek! Just finished a minor side quest that was the funniest, most outrageous Monty Python experience ever Smile

Spoiler (highlight to read):
It involved a heavy duty industrial robot, suspiciously similar to Robbie from Forbidden Planet, his unlikely application as a sex droid, pneumatic drills, a disturbing private encounter and an attack by angry middle aged women with rolling pins!

I wasn't expecting that in a post-apocalyptic rpg!
hair65

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:44 am    Post subject: nike shoes and wigs Reply with quote

www.google.com online shopping human hair wigs and nike shoes for discount.wholesale lace front wigs and cheap nike air max shos online.where to buy high quality synthetic wigs and roshe run shoes is a best choice.
human hair wigs
cheap lace front wigs
full lace wigs
lace front wigs
cheap human hair wigs
cheap synthetic wigs
cheap wigs for women
cheap bob wigs
african american wigs cheap
afro wigs cheap
cheap full lace wigs
cheap curly wigs
cheap cosplay wigs
cheap wigs for men
cheap costume wigs
cheap hair extensions

cheap nike shoes
nike air max
nike air max 90
nike air max 90 womens white
white roshes mens
roshes women
cheap air max 90
air max 270 mens
nike air max 1 mens
cheap nikes online
nike sb janoski
nike skateboarding shoes
nike air force one men
nike air force 1 low
black huaraches
nike huarache women
air max 270
air max sale
nike air max sale
air jordan 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: