FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Port Starscape to the Gamecube???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is one of my favourites, simply because it's so cute looking

http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/s-cube/

although, if I were to attempt such a thing, mine would undoubtedly end up looking more like this Smile

http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/cardboardcube/

(even so, it's still pretty cool Smile)
CidHighwindFF7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Card...board...? As hot as my CPU gets, I dont think thats a very good idea.
Darth Dallas

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure that's not a fire hazard waiting to happen? hehe
Juggy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
konedima wrote:
I'd think Xbox would be easiest to port PC games to because it uses a similar API (DirectX)

Yes, we've also got experience in xbox development. We could definitely do a port to that platform pretty easily. So if anyone knows a publisher who wants it Very Happy

I know of one publisher:

www.garagegames.com - based in the USA. Laughing

I'm not sure if they will publish games for the 'Xbox'.

Juggy
Cool
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garage games have some great games on their site. They are a similar (allthough on a much larger scale) set up to us though. They only (at least so far) publish PC titles and mainly online.
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
Garage games have some great games on their site. They are a similar (allthough on a much larger scale) set up to us though. They only (at least so far) publish PC titles and mainly online.

yeah, so why bother if your game is already available online, right?
Juggy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:

Maybe you can try these people:

http://www.godgames.com/

They are third-party publishers and developers for various platforms.
I just wish to see 'Starscape' on other platforms and especially on the GC because it has the potential to be a great game for the system.

Well I hope this info helps. Smile

Juggy Cool
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For now we are just going to concentrate on selling online and working on more games. The act of seeking publishers takes far too much time that could be better spent making games.
If interested publishers get in touch with us (as they currently do very often) then of course we will be happy to discuss all opportunities.

We certainly aren't short of publishers we could try if we had the time. We have just found that there is very little opportunity for small developers to get a good deal.
callmeminyme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya stick to what you know.. go exploring when you have the time and money...

besids if u wanted a sytem id have to be xbox... the controler makes sense and the xbox is almot exactly like a computer... =D... plus game cube has all little kid games on it... (cept metroid... preshious metroid. WHY HAST THOUGH NOT PUBLISHED ON X-BOX)
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

come on people, we all know ps2 is the best console Smile ratchet & clank 2, anyone?
Goober
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XBox would be good, we have a Direct3D renderer now (D3D8 too, which is what the XBox's API is based off), and the DSound and DInput sections could be easily ported. Plus we have experience of working on XBox previously Smile

Of course, PS2 would also be nice simply because there are *so* many more potential customers Wink
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goober wrote:
Of course, PS2 would also be nice simply because there are *so* many more potential customers Wink

I'm glad to see that you are smart (not that i doubted that, or did i?)
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

callmeminyme wrote:
WHY HAST THOUGH NOT PUBLISHED ON X-BOX)

Why not choose a random platform and a random publisher, and fire off an email to them asking why they don't publish Starscape on that platform? That would be the best way for anyone to fully understand the situation. I think (if you are lucky enough to get a reply) you would all be surprised at how bad the situation is.

First and foremost we are an online publisher, and this was the reason we started Moonpod. We are interested in retail publishing but we don't need it, so we are going to concentrate on what we (hopefully) do best and not be distracted by the dangling carrots of publishing Very Happy .
Juggy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:

Why not choose a random platform and a random publisher, and fire off an email to them asking why they don't publish Starscape on that platform? That would be the best way for anyone to fully understand the situation. I think (if you are lucky enough to get a reply) you would all be surprised at how bad the situation is.

First and foremost we are an online publisher, and this was the reason we started Moonpod. We are interested in retail publishing but we don't need it, so we are going to concentrate on what we (hopefully) do best and not be distracted by the dangling carrots of publishing Very Happy .

I think your correct to focus on producing games and not be distracted with the lure of publishers', but also being a online publisher will you give you the advantage of not incurring extra costs in retail distribution, retail space as you stated in one of your other messages.

However, after a few more games are produced and 'Moonpod' is a bit more profitable, maybe you will make the games available on other platforms. Once this is achieved, it will probably be the time of the next genration of consoles: Gamecube2, PS3 and Xbox2. Very Happy

Juggy
ps There are many very good games available for The Gamecube (Viewtiful Joe, Metroid Prime(play it you will see), Ikaruga, MK:DD and many more) as well as PS2 or Xbox. But the issues are of quality and content and many times there have been average or less than average games on the PS2 or Xbox. Sure the PS2 has a much larger customer base, but you have to always look at quality and content of the game foremost.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly Fost's comments are probably going to apply to console development too, if Sony are anything to go by. We have emailed Sony Europe and Sony America asking for development kit prices and duplication costs. They don't even have the decency to reply most of the time (and yes we did have the right email address), on the one occasion they do reply it is simply to make a sarcastic comment about how expensive it will all be (i.e too much for the likes of us). I'm disgusted by the whole thing.

Thank god for the Internet and direct sales.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: