FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
S.T.A.L.K.E.R?????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: S.T.A.L.K.E.R????? Reply with quote

Okay I've seen this game mentioned a few times on this message board so I figured I'd ask here. I played the first one back when it came out, I bought it as a digital download, and I don't really understand it, if you just go out and walk where ever it's like you die from white lightning or something... Can anyone shed some light on that for me, if so I think I might re d/l it and fire it up again.
Ren Fraggle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you walked into an anomaly. They are little spots in the zone that are basically natural traps. They react when something moves into them. There are many different kinds. Some cause a little explosive burst, which is probably what you kept walking into before. There are also some that create a vortex and suck your character into the middle for a few seconds so he can't move and crush him while he's there, some electrocute him, some catch him on fire, and more.

There are several ways to find them and avoid them. If you look carefully, you can see slight visual distortions wherever they are. Sometimes the spot the anomaly is at will get a little blurry, or sometimes you'll see where leaves continually swirl around the same spot, and there are other visual clues.
You also have a bag of unlimited bolts. I think you use them by pushing 6 on your keyboard. If you think there's an anomaly near, you throw a bolt in front of you, and it will set off the anomaly if it's there. You use them to make sure moving to certain places around anomalies are safe.
You also have an anomaly detector. It's a device that makes clicking noises when anomalies are near. The closer you get, the faster the clicking gets. When you hear clicking, then look for anomalies, and use your bolts to make sure where you're trying to go is safe.

Anomalies are also associated with artifacts. If there's an artifact sitting around, then an anomaly is probably close to it. They are little items that can be worn on the belt that cause different effects on your character. Most of the effects cause radiation as well, making your character sicker as he wears them. A few artifacts eat radiation as well that you can use to counter this.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely worth persevering. I played the game through and unlocked every ending - fantastic. Not really a game, it's a simulation. A simulation of a very nasty place, so it's hard, but very rewarding when you master it.

Save often.

Search everyone you kill for items, this is where most of my money and gear came from.

Work out what ammo your weapons use and keep an eye out for it.

Don't get overloaded with worthless **** (i.e. ammo you cannot use), it slows you down. I found this critical. There is a lot of running to do in this game and if you are remotely overloaded you keep running out of puff and it takes ages to get anywhere. Travel light.

Try to get a weapon with sights on it. That way you can go for head shots whenever possible and conserve ammo.

Turn the volume up and play in the dark - nice and spooky.

Go to a library and see if they can get the movie for you - it's very strange and not like any hollywood movie, brilliant.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079944/
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if you bought the cd. Download a Mod. I used AMK but some people say great things about Oblivion Lost.

The mods do great things like make anomolies harder to see, make combat more realistic, and other gritty realistic details.
hair65

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:58 am    Post subject: nike shoes and wigs Reply with quote

www.google.com online shopping human hair wigs and nike shoes for discount.wholesale lace front wigs and cheap nike air max shos online.where to buy high quality synthetic wigs and roshe run shoes is a best choice.
human hair wigs
cheap lace front wigs
full lace wigs
lace front wigs
cheap human hair wigs
cheap synthetic wigs
cheap wigs for women
cheap bob wigs
african american wigs cheap
afro wigs cheap
cheap full lace wigs
cheap curly wigs
cheap cosplay wigs
cheap wigs for men
cheap costume wigs
cheap hair extensions

cheap nike shoes
nike air max
nike air max 90
nike air max 90 womens white
white roshes mens
roshes women
cheap air max 90
air max 270 mens
nike air max 1 mens
cheap nikes online
nike sb janoski
nike skateboarding shoes
nike air force one men
nike air force 1 low
black huaraches
nike huarache women
air max 270
air max sale
nike air max sale
air jordan 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: