FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
My Impressions So Far...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Mr.Robot View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject: My Impressions So Far... Reply with quote

So this game popped up on Steam a few days ago. Tried the demo, fell in love and immediately bought it Very Happy Graphics are awesome, gameplay is awesome, music is awesome, holy **** the game is great!

So far it's been a lot of fun. The story is pretty interesting so far, the puzzles are pretty straight forward but challenging enough to not be boring, and the RPG stuff is awesome.

Some issues have come up though. For some reason, this game is really *QUIET*, even with the volume settings maxed out. The music is so awesome but difficult to hear, so I have to use music=9 while others=2 or 3, then crank my speakers Very Happy

Next, I don't really understand the ghost hacking part (the non-battle part, where you go into DSPs and such). AFAIK all you do is wander around and can't do anything else... it'd be a bit more useful if I could, say, use items or something. It'd be nice if there was a bit more to it, like perhaps some components (eg. the ALU or DSPs or something) have insanely difficult enemies so you can actually try to avoid that and do it at the end or something. Or perhaps... yeah I dunno; just right now this part seems like a waste of time because all I do is click around until someone attacks Very Happy

The controls are pretty wonky by default. I changed it so up is screen up, use WASD, space to jump and shift to use and finally no-acceleration for movement (so it responds quickly Very Happy) What controls do you guys use? Maybe the defaults should be changed, provided most other people don't use the default. I also use the mouse most often but use KB for more... precise moments.

Lastly, the achievements seem a little....uninspired. It'd be cool if there were more odd achievements (that are actually difficult to do and you sort of have to go out of your way to do them Very Happy) such as:
Chinese Farmer: Get a character to max level
No Hands: Win a fight using items only. 4 enemies minimum.
Bounceback: Have 1 character reboot 3 others in a single fight
etc.

Well, I guess that's it so far. So far it's awesome, my complaints are pretty minor and I'll post more once I finish Very Happy
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback, glad you like it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Mr.Robot All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: