FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Some game error... ***Contains Weapons Spoiler...***
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape Support View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Some game error... ***Contains Weapons Spoiler...*** Reply with quote

Hiya all!

As I'm a new poster here, I'll take the opportunity to congratulate you for the Starscape game. I bought it a month ago, went right throught the whole game in about a week and enjoyed it. ^^

I'm posting late about an issue I had when having the last hull loaded (6 units) with Beam laser level 2, along with the beam drone on each side.

As soon as I was leaving the mother ship, the game would give me two errors, giving me three option, restart, ignore and another one I forgot.

So that's it. The game wasn't crashing when I upgraded to lvl 4 laser with the same configuration.

Hopefully you will know what went wrong in order to fix and improve your game further. Smile

If asked, I could try making screenshot of the error and ship configuration... though pretty busy, I don't think it would take me too long.
Weeble
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The text from the assertion failure dialog (the one that says "Abort, Retry, Ignore") is generally useful for them to diagnose that sort of problem. I think it can be copied and pasted, otherwise a screenshot would be good.

A question for Poo Bear: Is it possible to replace the standard assertion failure dialog box with something more user friendly? The buttons are cryptic and misleading to non-programmers. There really could do with being some text addressed to the user to explain that the game has failed and is shutting down, before launching into the assertion message, and buttons could do with being hidden behind an "advanced >>" or "debug >>" button. It would be nice to have one of those "send error report" buttons.
Stalfos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to post Screenies anyway... Eventhough I'm a coder, I do also think those are cryptic... since you don't usually see your mouse cursor in order to click on "Ignore" (other choice resulting in a game closure... and lost of unsaved progress). Very Happy

Those screenies are spoilers of course...

Ship configuration

First Error when exiting the mother ship...

Second Error

Choosing "Ignore" in both case make the game continue to run "normally", with this result when firing:

Changing the Beam Drone position in the configuration did change something... The two drone were firing, but I was still missing two beam when firing.

I can also provide the save itself, if asked...
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the detailed bug report, I should be able to reproduce that easily with this information. I'll try and fix it in the next update.

A good point about the error reporting, it could be a lot friendlier, I'll look into that too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: