FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
hooray! I made my 360 gamepad work properly with MrRobot!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Mr. Robot Support View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: hooray! I made my 360 gamepad work properly with MrRobot! Reply with quote

Hi there!
I finally just purchased a full version of MrRobot and here at home I installed and unlocked it. Then I plugged in my 360 wired controller and wanted to start playing... the first thing I noticed: I had no more sound in MrRobot with the pad plugged in!! Shocked

Unbelievable huh? But yes! Somehow XP tried to map the 360pad headset thingy into the system. When I clicked on the speaker Icon in the system tray not the usual volume panel poped up but a headset controls!

Furthermore I still didn't manage to assign different buttons to the pad in MrRobot Config. Every time I tried to assign a button the window that waits for the button just popped away after half a second.

OK. Now how I solved it all: I was looking for a fix through autohotkey scripting but that forum brought me to an alternate gamepad driver. Clearly: the original 360 pad driver must me pure junk somehow. Otherwise there wouldn't be so much stuff about it:
here: Matthew A. Nicholson created a modified version of some other guys xbox1 gamepad driver. And here: dhruvb11 set up a website all about it.

I installed the XBCD 360 stuff and now I had sound again and the Axis in MrRobot could be easily set to the D-pad wich plays much better. And now I have PDA and Info on the pad as well. Smile

But browsing the MrRobot-menus with a pad is still some pita :/
Sometimes you have to go right to come to a spot on the upper left. And not allways If you hit A on a button you get to the next logically consistent spot.

But ghost hacking rocks and movin gin the world is cool as well.
When ghosthacking: In the standard list: would be cool if you'd get to the item right at the bottom if you go up on the upmost item.[/url]
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got it working Smile

Drivers and PC hardware is such a nightmare. For example, i've been using a X360 pad to play MrRobot since day1 and it's still plugged in and working well today!

I don't think I ever installed any drivers, I think it just worked?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Mr. Robot Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: