FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Hello
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Mr.Robot View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

I purchased both starscape and Mr robot, like them both, do like Mr robot, combat wasn't bad but could have been much harder, items like energy and power restores I hardly ever used, maybe once or twice near the beginning, but combat wasn't challenging enough to use them, Zelda's special ability I used a lot, maybe its a bit too powerful? and her minor energize I used mainly, didn't use any of her other ability's,

while there are a few robot types, I didn't really see the point in using the coms droid, I used my main droid, (can't remember how to sepll the name) zelda, and when I get them, two heavy lifters droids, so combat could and should be beefed up,

as for the pizzles, not bad, could have been a bit harder, but I really liked the story, reminds me of system shock2 and 2001, so I hope more will be added to this great game, maybe an expansion, the revenge of Hal?

overall top marks for an enjoyable originalk little game I have played for some time, welll done and can't wait to see what else you may add to this awesome little game

PS starscape is highly enjoyable as well, congrats on both games Very Happy
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you liked them both Smile

The comments about difficulty have been noted, getting difficulty right is tricky as people's ability varies so much, but it's something we keep an eye on.
matthewfarmery

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

difficulty is always an issue, I understand that, I certainly think combat could be enhanced / ramped up a fair bit, and while I did collect a lot of items, I never really used them, I also used the droids special abilities a lot, maybe the times when you get them should be lengthened? the option that you choose to make them power up, attack / damage etc, was a nice idea, but I never used the others, as there wasn't much point, getting everyone to attack powered up the special attack just fine, maybe that should be disabled or the amount as I said per attack lessoned, as that items could be used during battle more often, and if battles were tougher, it would force players to have 4 attacking droids rather then 3, and not have zelda in the batlles especially later on, just a thought

this game has a lot of potential it would be nice to see it enhanced, and what is the point of the coms mech droids? as I never really used them, as security and the heavy lifters I used a lot, so do coms droids have any special abilities or can use weapons that the other types can't use? might be a good idea if you could make certain ghost hacks accessible to certain ghosts, (maybe in the expansion?) so finding that ghost becomes a sub quest ?

anyway I give Mr robot top marks, still an awesome game and well worth getting and paying for
Rup

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matthewfarmery wrote:
what is the point of the coms mech droids? as I never really used them, as security and the heavy lifters I used a lot, so do coms droids have any special abilities or can use weapons that the other types can't use?

Raistlin eventually gets 'mega power drain' (or something like that) which is better than Orgus's top power drain. Along with the higher power redistribution programs he's useful if you use a lot of programs in your party because you can keep the whole party's power levels up by stealing from the enemy and, to a lesser extent, suppressing enemy program users by denying them power. (Of course you could just use power items instead.) I think he also gets party fire early on which can help when you first run into scramblers. No, there aren't any items only comms droids can use.

But, as you say, the brute force approach with heavy lifters works well too. The final hacks in the game are easy using four heavy lifters.
matthewfarmery

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, I might get around to using him when I redo the game Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Mr.Robot All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: