FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Video of my latest game project
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Independent Game Development View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Video of my latest game project Reply with quote

This is for my entry in Microsoft's Dream Build Play contest using the XNA C# framework. Youtube added a ton of compression and messed up the audio somewhat but you can at least see some of the gameplay elements. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmN4g5RFOE0
View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Raid on Bungeling Bay.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks really nice. I keep an eye on a couple of XNA blogs and I don't remember seeing anything much better looking. Screen shake looks a bit wild perhaps, but then I shouldn't comment without playing it.

Two years from now when everyone has Vista (sorry, but you will) and PC xna games run without extra downloads AND they open up Xbox Live Arcade to let people sell xna games (yeh right) - will xna take over as the defacto indie development environment?
Lostlogic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poo Bear wrote:
That looks really nice. I keep an eye on a couple of XNA blogs and I don't remember seeing anything much better looking. Screen shake looks a bit wild perhaps, but then I shouldn't comment without playing it.

Two years from now when everyone has Vista (sorry, but you will) and PC xna games run without extra downloads AND they open up Xbox Live Arcade to let people sell xna games (yeh right) - will xna take over as the defacto indie development environment?

The shake isn't bad when you are playing, at least none of my testers have complained yet. Wink

I've been a C++ programmer for many years and a DirectX one since rev 8 (when 3D hardware really took off.) I've learned C# just to use XNA and given the work they are putting into it, I wouldn't be surprised to see it take over as the most popular method for indies to use. It's very easy, there are tons of samples already for it, and very skilled developers from Microsoft answer your questions about it in a matter of hours or sometimes minutes. Couple that with the ability to use the same code for both console and PC development and the fact that Live is moving to the PC platform and I think you have "killer app" for the indie development scene.

C# isn't the fastest thing in the world and I've had to learn all about auto-garbage collection and such, but it is a decent language and once you figure out what it is doing behind the scenes you can make optimized games with it.
View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shake that involves camera rotation always looks wrong to me. Most explosion shake in movies is vibrational as it's transferred through the ground. Maybe because of that I only like 'panning' type movements in camera shake. Not sure...
Lostlogic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
Shake that involves camera rotation always looks wrong to me. Most explosion shake in movies is vibrational as it's transferred through the ground. Maybe because of that I only like 'panning' type movements in camera shake. Not sure...

The camera shake I have does not rotate the camera, it just moves it left to right and up and down (all on one plane.)
GameJenny

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just upped your view count. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Independent Game Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: