FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Downloading updates and Norton / firewalls
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Mr. Robot Support View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Downloading updates and Norton / firewalls Reply with quote

There are a few different versions of Norton that do a lot more than just virus scanning. Some need to be turned off to allow downloads and updates to work. Some people even report that adding MrRobot to Norton's "safe" list isn't enough and it must actually be turned off completely (temporarily). I only have the anti-virus version here so I cannot confirm.

Similar issues are probably going to exist with other firewall software. First to do is add MrRobot to the software's "safe" list. If it still doesn't work you can try turning the firewall off momentarily.

Obviously you need to remember to turn it back on though Smile
Zharmad

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have Norton internet security and I need to turn it off before running Mr. Robot.
I can't see my safe list though, because I stuffed up a part of Norton by installing different language updates. Razz
Loriean

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zharmad wrote:
Yes, I have Norton internet security and I need to turn it off before running Mr. Robot.
I can't see my safe list though, because I stuffed up a part of Norton by installing different language updates. Razz

Ok, I tried this and I still cant get Mr. Robot to download the user adventures.
I have the current version (just re-downloaded).
I have NIS 2008.
Mr. Robot is set to 'Allow'
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you've definitely tried turning NIS off completely?

Have you turned windows firewall off too?

Have you got any other firewall or virus software installed.

Do you connect to the internet through a router that has firewall/NAT like functionality?

Are you connecting out through a more complex network (like at a college or work) if so then it's unlikely to work as the admins may have turned on all manner of rules and filters.

Sorry about the hassle, but there are so many different hardware and software setups it can be hard to track down what the problem is.
Loriean

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes
yes (service disabled)
no
currently via a NAT in a hotel (172.x.x.x)
what port(s) are needed.

(answered in order asked)
Loriean

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok just to eliminate the network as the problem I used my WWAN (verizon wireless) Card with NIS completely disabled, and still nothing. could it be my account is not correctly created in your system the error message aside from the firewall does mention my email address may be wrong - however I was able to auto-unlock the application.
Thoughts?
~Loriean
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can use your log in details to download everything so the account is ok. Must be something unusual about the windows setup or the net connection, I wish I could help more, but I can't think what it could be.

I'll get a copy of the latest custom games emailed over to you, sorry I can't do more Sad .
Loriean

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poo Bear wrote:
I'll get a copy of the latest custom games emailed over to you, sorry I can't do more Sad .

Eh it happens, no biggie...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Mr. Robot Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: