FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Latest Editor Documentation / Requests
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> User Adventures View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Latest Editor Documentation / Requests Reply with quote

Download Version 1.2
NOTE: chm files can get blocked by XP security. Right click the file and bring up the properties window and see if there's an unblock option.

Changelog:
    • Further commands listed in script command reference.
    • Switch/bollard tutorial
    • Scripting introduction page.

• Tutorial 2 - connecting rooms.
    • Script Command Reference basic commands.
    • Chat Image Reference.

• 1.0 Initial release

Coming Documentation / Requests
  • Full Editor Panel Reference
  • Style Guide
  • Water Tutorial
  • Ghost hack tutorial
  • Finish script command reference page
  • item reference (include type/subtype needed for scripting)
  • fx reference list + paths.
  • object list for us with dummy panels?
  • Dynamic object parameter reference.
  • Data structure reference - mainly room configs (for hackers.)

Last edited by Fost on Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:42 pm; edited 4 times in total
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some updated info here. Some of the scripting reference examples may be of use to people who know what they're doing, although it really needs an introduction into how you do scripting on a per-room basis for everyone else.

Feel free to request anything and everything and I'll make a note of it above.
Inane

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I previously said, some documentation on getting ghost hacks to work would be peachy keen.
Zharmad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seconded. On that note though, I'm more keen to find out whether I can change the level/give experience to robots in my possession. Level one is a bit arduous, but we'll see how things go.
SethP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit -- I asked for switch documentation before noticing it was already in the to-do list up top Embarassed

I would still like to know if it's possible to make switches affect anything other than bollards and water.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SethP wrote:
I would still like to know if it's possible to make switches affect anything other than bollards and water.

You can detect their state in lua, so there should be quite a lot you can do with them. The Save Huey adventure (OK, I know you can't get it right now, but it's on its way any day!) is designed to show lua being used to include functionality beyond that in the main game. It's only simple, but there's an added bonus system where you can pick up hidden 'power spheres'. It's all done with named dummy dynamic objects and a lua collision detection routine + writing out data to the saves.
SethP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds pretty cool. Thanks for the quick reply Fost Smile
Zharmad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there possibility of scripting sound effects? I'm polishing what I have.

Also, can I affect the number of lives and current health of the player?
Crussh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Fost is there any way to make it so that a switch changes the direction of a conveyor belt? Cose that would be so cool Very Happy
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zharmad wrote:
Is there possibility of scripting sound effects? I'm polishing what I have.

You can launch sounds and effects that are shipped with the game using script - that covers most of what's left for me to add in the script reference actually other than stuff that affects ghost hacking. I'll need to compile a list of the paths to all the sfx/fx you can use though.

Zharmad wrote:
Also, can I affect the number of lives and current health of the player?

Yes - again, I need to document some more of this, but I'll also need Mark to go through the code and compile a list of items. The command is pretty simple and it's one line to give the player something, but you need to know what the items are else you'll be stuck. Energon for instance started life as an 'extend' pickup, so is called 'EXTEND'. There's various ways to inflict damage too, but I'm not as experienced as Mark with them which is why they aren't in the docs yet - I need to do some research myself!

One easy command you can do is restore the player's health using:
Code:
restorePlayer()

Crussh wrote:
is there any way to make it so that a switch changes the direction of a conveyor belt?

Actually - that's something I wanted too! but there's currently no default way of doing it. At some point I want to test swapping or rotating the objects, which might make it possible, but I'm not sure how the game will react, if say the player is on top of it at the time.
Crussh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay it might work Very Happy (or not Evil or Very Mad )
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*bump*
Updated the docs again - further additions to the scripting command reference, bollard tutorial, scripting introductory page that explains how room scripts are set up and how the two required functions operate within a room.
Blizgerg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should you mention putting the invisiblock on the bollards for the intersection thing?

Some of the chat images are repeated.

BTW with getWorldDir() couldn't someone put a .wav file in there adventure dir and then play it with a lua script? I was able to play wave files with the scripts if I put the wave file in the mrrobot program directory. Would including a wave file cause problems with the adventure downloader?
Can you control the game music from the script in any way?

One thing I think would be interesting to know is what file format the model_override parameter on some dynamic objects takes. Could I create my own custom decals if I knew how to make the proper model file?
Zharmad

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. How do you get the wav file to play with scripts? THe program just crashes whenever I call
loadSFX( "data/sounds/*anything*.wav", 0.9, false, false ).. Maybe I have to load the sound files zipped up in MrRobot.000?

I'm also looking for a way to convert energon collected back into health and lives.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zharmad wrote:
Hmm. How do you get the wav file to play with scripts? THe program just crashes whenever I call
loadSFX( "data/sounds/*anything*.wav", 0.9, false, false ).. Maybe I have to load the sound files zipped up in MrRobot.000?

My bad! I got part of the documentation backwards - the last boolean sets the wav as fixed if true, and relative to the owner if false. So if you set it to false you need to include an owner.

try this:
Code:
loadSFX( "data/sounds/crate-drop.wav", 0.9, false, true )
playSFX( "data/sounds/crate-drop.wav" )

I've updated the docs. Remember - you can only load wavs that ship with the game. There may actually be a way to use your own, but I still need to investigate that.

Zharmad wrote:
I'm also looking for a way to convert energon collected back into health and lives.

I'll have to consult Mark on that when he gets back. I think it might be done with sendMessage() but I'm not sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> User Adventures All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: