FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Fred
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> User Adventures View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Fred

Mr. Robot User Adventure: FredFred

My first adventure. Several hard rooms with a playground at the end. Remember you can jump 2 over and half up. Try to get to all the teleporters as an extra challenge. Enjoy!

CURRENT VERSION: 1

To view, test and approve pending adventures, join the adventure authors group. Note that there may be severe bugs and we cannot guarantee family friendly content in unapproved adventures
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry it took so long for a reply - busy busy bees here at Moonpod!

Really amazing design here. Have to admit, I tore a lot of hair out quite often! The vertical crate dropping shaft was very cleverly built.

Some minor comments:

*You can jump on the wall here:

*Switches are made by moving the lights under the floor, so you might want to put a masking block here:

*You can't see the door in stax - which it a bit confusing. Perhaps you could move it to the far right corner?
*It could do with a lighting makeover in general. Wonder if there's much we could do to help people collaborate on projects - I already see some people like lighting, some people like puzzle development.

Well done, another great adventure!
punman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments!!

The door to Stax was hidden on purpose.. in fact thats why I added the columns.. Perhaps it's too mean.

I have yet to figure out much about lighting. A place to collaborate would be great, mabye a wiki manual for the editor?
Slyh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are some damn hard rooms! Smile

I'm currently stuck in room "RC". Literally.

Just wanted to inform you, that Mr.Robot will crash if you try to hack any of the robots in room "RC". I guess you have to add the following code somewhere in a LUA-script:

Code:
allowGhostHack( false )
allowRobotGhostHack( false )

I don't know if both expression are needed or if the ghost hacking ability can be deactivated using the editor instead of using LUA. Poo Bear or Fost certainly do know best. Smile
Blizgerg

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This adventure isn't showing up in MrRobot for me. Do I have to do something special to see non approved adventures?
I'm part of the adventure authors group on the board and the other three adventures show up for me.

I doubt there is a way to disable ghost hack outside of lua scripting. I got the idea that allowGhostHack was to allow or disallow ghost hacking of terminals and allowRobotGhostHack was for the robots. I haven't tested this but it is what I assumed when I saw it.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blizgerg wrote:
This adventure isn't showing up in MrRobot for me.

Hmm, it's hard for us to check that,because we are testing 1.02. Some things changed in this code to stop a few errors. Beta of 1.02 is maybe even next week - so perhaps try again then?
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slyh wrote:
Just wanted to inform you, that Mr.Robot will crash if you try to hack any of the robots

This is already fixed in 1.02 - robots with no hack map assigned are automatically unhackable.
Weeble
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this adventure so far, but I am sure I am doing the puzzles wrong. Keymaker really confused me. I got that I had to push crates down in the right order to fit into the slots, but then there didn't seem to be enough. Eventually I got through by:
Spoiler (highlight to read):

[*]Making an awkward tower that just let me reach the ledge with the teleporter to Telehub.
[*]Returning to Keymaker and then resetting the room.
[*]Getting a tower of two big crates and a small one into the slot that's got a corridor behind it.
[*]Getting a small crate adjacent to this, and pushing the small crate on the tower half a block along.
[*]Walking back to Telehub and teleporting to Keymaker.
[*]Pushing the tower out from against the wall and along to the end of the room.
[*]Jumping onto the the second full-size crate in the tower, then onto the half-block, then up to the door.

I don't think that's how I was supposed to do it.

I love Upstairs and Downstairs, but it is possible to complete Downstairs fairly trivially by getting a block onto the floor and sneaking it across the gap by half-pushing it to the side.

I still haven't figured out all of the teleporters.
punman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keymaker hint:
you don't have to fill all the holes just remember you can jump two over and half up. It is absolutely do-able two dimensionally.

Thanks for the tip about downstairs.. I thought something like that was possible but at that point I just wanted to get an adventure published.
Slyh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little bit confused here. I managed to reach the end (playground), but the red door is still closed and I only used 2 of the 5 teleporters from/to Telehub.
Is this correct? Can I reach the rest of the teleporters? I have no clue how to reach the teleporter in room 'Keymaker' for example?
punman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the teleporters and the red door are bonus areas.
Das A

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to download the user adventures and try them (all 4) but I just can't find a link in any of the 4 posts.
Where am I supposed to get them?
I believe there is a pretty dumb solution to this, which I just didn't see...
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Das A wrote:
I would like to download the user adventures and try them (all 4) but I just can't find a link in any of the 4 posts.
Where am I supposed to get them?
I believe there is a pretty dumb solution to this, which I just didn't see...

Downloads were disabled until about 1 hour ago. Get version 1.02 (hit the update button in game) then go to the new game page, and click the 'update list' button to get an updated list of user adventures. Pick any you like, click the 'download' button and then 'start'.

It's all done from within the game Smile
Das A

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! Thanks! It seems to work.

I didn't expect I had to get an update after just downloading the game 5 days ago.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the update has been in the works for 3 months now! Just happened to be released yesterday... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> User Adventures All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: