FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
z1R16 -- a gamebreaker?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Mr.Robot View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: z1R16 -- a gamebreaker? Reply with quote

z1R16 is the room where you have Samson, there are 4 tall silver robots, and there are two timer-switches that you have to activate to lower two pillars and get Samson to the other door. The walkthrough says that you should get the 4 robots trapped over where the switches are and wait for them to activate them.

That sounds great. But there's one problem. I hacked and killed them all, then went back to the waypoint and saved. So, without the robots in the room, is there any way to activate those switches? I've tried with Asimov, but I can't even come close to getting back to Samson in time.

If there's no other way to do this, it's a shame, because it looks like I'd have to start the whole thing over again. Crying or Very sad Resetting the room won't bring the robots back. Any ideas?
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that, it should be impossible for a user to completely screw up a room, we thought we had all the bases covered but you've found another one.

If you look in your save folder you'll see a backup of each save game, try renaming it so you can load it. Hopefully it will take you back to a point were you can then make progress. (fingers crossed that works)

I'll change the script controlling that room so you cannot hack the robots and that fix will go in the next update.
Cornhuskermac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the prompt reply and suggestion. I'll try it out.

Kudos on a great game. Even if I have to work through it again, I won't mind that much!
Cornhuskermac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It worked!

And if anyone else needs to do this, I'd just add that you need to rename the old save file as a .dat. Otherwise, the game doesn't recognize the profile you were using.
Weeble
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm... I think this has come up before. I believe Z1R16 can be completed without the robots.

http://www.moonpod.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=2902

The only hard thing is that you can barely see that there is a gap between the no-push nodule floor and the barriers. You can slide a small crate in there to save the few seconds that make the difference.
Agrajag

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

z1r16 is definitely possible to beat without any enemies. I hacked and killed them all myself.
Tennants Lager

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weeble wrote:
Ummm... I think this has come up before. I believe Z1R16 can be completed without the robots.

http://www.moonpod.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=2902

The only hard thing is that you can barely see that there is a gap between the no-push nodule floor and the barriers. You can slide a small crate in there to save the few seconds that make the difference.

Yeah, that's definitely right.

I've played through the game twice now, once on easy & once on hard - it was only 2nd time round playing the hard mode I noticed the gap Weeble mentioned there. When you see that, it's pretty easy, but if you don't it's an absolute bugger.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, of course. Ok I'll switch those big shelving units for fire blocks, you can see more of what is behind them. I'll leave the robots hackable.
Agrajag

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poo Bear wrote:
Ah yes, of course. Ok I'll switch those big shelving units for fire blocks, you can see more of what is behind them. I'll leave the robots hackable.

But if they're fire, it's not beatable anymore, since you need to walk along the shelving units to beat it through that method (I believe).
Weeble
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming that only small parts of the shelves will be replaced by fire. Right? If there's a content patch/expansion at some point it would be really handy to have some dividers with a glass top, that are more narrow or full of holes, just so that you can see the far side more easily.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's ok, I just replaced the dividers down the left side, the ones at the bottom are still normal so you can walk on them. I completed the room without using the stalkers anyway.

Yes, see-thru room dividers would be good Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Mr.Robot All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: