FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Obligatory "Anything For Mac? (or Linux)" 2007 :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Independent Game Development View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see some good videos of experts using different paint packages. While I don't think GIMP can really compare to Photoshop, I do think that it's got a lot hiding in there that nobody sees because of awkward or simply alien features of its interface. I certainly think it's a lot better than I did when I first tried to use it, and I suspect I'd like it a lot more if I actually understood how GIMP enthusiasts use it.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUT - you are working in a game development environment, so even as a programmer you should be using photoshop - why? because if you need to do something and don't know how to do it, and artist will be able to show you. Saves loads of time. I went round our studio at Rage and deleted all the copies of Paint shop Pro that programmers had installed, then made sure all spare photoshop copies we had were in use with them.

Transition period was fun, but it saved a lot of time after.

The only thing I really hate about photoshop is its non-existent support for batch file integration. Means we always end up having to use some command line tool - used to be debabelizer, then it was shake for a bit (mega expensive - but now owned by Apple?). Now I think imagemagick can do most stuff..
Ripdog

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I'm not an artist at all. Sad But if you prefer the photoshop interface, I heard of a gimp hack called gimpshop, thats meant to make the interface more photoshop-like...
Magnulus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's more about features and compatibility.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Independent Game Development All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: