FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
User Adventure FAQ
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> User Adventures View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: User Adventure FAQ Reply with quote

To upload user adventures, you will need:
  • To have purchased Mr. Robot.
  • To link your customer and forum accounts. To do this, log on to the 'my profile and games' section of moonpod.com (top right) with your customer pass and email address. From the 'Update Profile' link fill in the 'forum linking' details and submit.
  • A zip file containing the contents of your user adventure folder. You will find this in your "'my documents'/MrRobot/data/user/" folder. Zip up the contents of the folder with your adventure (It should look something like: ad000 or ad001 etc).

Approving Adventures
Please only approve adventures if you have played through them and found no problems. In addition, please check though the scripts and chat files for anything of a 'dubious' nature.

Marking Your Adventure Complete/High Score Support
When you reach the end of an adventure, you might want to mark it as completed, which will increase the player's point score for the 'user adventure complete' medal.
To do this, you need to call the gameComplete() script command, then provide a waypoint so the player can save.

Basic example. Your last room is called 'End' and contains a waypoint. Create a text file called 'End.lua' and place it in the 'rooms' folder of your adventure. Make sure it contains the following:
Code:
doit = true
function sequence()
   if (doit)
      gameComplete()
      doit=false
   end
   return false
end

function completed()
   return false
end

This will mark the game as complete if the user enters the room.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump - added info about calling gameComplete(). You'll want to do this if you want your adventure to be included in the high scores.
I'll add it to the help file soon too.
captkras

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does one download the user adventures?
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, first off Make sure you have 1.05. and by that I mean - download the full installer not just the ingame update (Rup narrowed it down for us, and there's a missing file in the patch version).

When you've done that:

• start the game
  • Click the PROFILES button
  • click NEW GAME
  • Click UPDATE LIST
  • Select an adventure from the list and click DOWNLOAD
  • Click START
  • Enjoy! (hopefully - see note below)

With 1.05, there's two potential issues: If you used the ingame update button, there's a file Missing that's needed by the Save Huey adventure, and possibly some others. You can fix this by uninstalling and then reinstalling with the full latest download. If your wndows XP user account contains non-English characters, there's also a bug that can occur. We are working to fix these two issues right now, so hopefully it should be robust once that's done!
carlushka

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to link my forum and game account if I bought it on Steam? I really want to play some of these mods. Sad
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlushka wrote:
Is it possible to link my forum and game account if I bought it on Steam? I really want to play some of these mods. Sad

Currently no - we have no access to steam account data. We are thinking about something else that might help here but I can only be honest in that it's going to be a couple of months before I even get a chance into it, it may not be possible or we may decide against it. It's on my list to see what's possible.

Wish I could give you a better answer but that's currently how things stand.
Geocorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, I didn't know it made a difference how I bought the game... I feel sorta cheated by Valve if I can't play Mods with the game I purchased :/
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geocorn wrote:
hmm, I didn't know it made a difference how I bought the game... I feel sorta cheated by Valve if I can't play Mods with the game I purchased :/
Often with indie games it's a good idea to check the developer's site, as the portal doesn't always have a cheaper price. And if they're the same price, buying from the developer is always better since they don't have to pay the portal a cut.
Geocorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought it from Steam when they had Starscape and mr. Robot on sale. I thought I was getting a good deal, but I was mistaken I guess
DigiMish

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I click the 'UPDATE' button, it crashes at 0%. Any thoughts?
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. Looks like a problem with the server, I'll investigate.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry it took so long, it should be fixed now. Embarassed
jtjumper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm have trouble getting the adventure using windows 10. I tried turning my firewalll and antivirus off as well as running as administrator. What do I need to do to get the adventures?
Rup

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jtjumper wrote:
I'm have trouble getting the adventure using windows 10. I tried turning my firewalll and antivirus off as well as running as administrator. What do I need to do to get the adventures?

I don't think it's our end. From a quick investigation the game is contacting Moonpod's server fine and downloading a list of adventures but then aborts straight away. I'd guess some software (PHP?) has been upgraded on the server that subtly changes the way the HTML / XML response is constructed and the game no-longer accepts it.

(The three things that look odd: most of the XML isn't inside the 'head' tag, there's no version on the DrBrainRedux adventure and the Content-Type is HTML for what looks more like XML. But I've tried intercepting the game's request and fixing all of these and it didn't help.)
jtjumper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rup wrote:
jtjumper wrote:

I don't think it's our end. From a quick investigation the game is contacting Moonpod's server fine and downloading a list of adventures but then aborts straight away. I'd guess some software (PHP?) has been upgraded on the server that subtly changes the way the HTML / XML response is constructed and the game no-longer accepts it.

(The three things that look odd: most of the XML isn't inside the 'head' tag, there's no version on the DrBrainRedux adventure and the Content-Type is HTML for what looks more like XML. But I've tried intercepting the game's request and fixing all of these and it didn't help.)

Is there any other way to get them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> User Adventures All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: