FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
January-07: Finished!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Developer Diary View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Moonpod Developer Diary RSS feed -RSS Feed
Tennants Lager

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnulus wrote:
I would think the point of the story was: "DON'T keep in touch." because if they hadn't said anything, and they didn't have the forums, people wouldn't get that final message denying them the pleasure of an upgrade to make it work with Vista.

The way I see it, community interaction is a two-edged blade. On the one hand you get a lot better feedback and you can give more feedback TO the customers. On the OTHER hand, your customers can end up feeling entitled to more than they are entitled to if you get too close. They can end up becoming personally offended when you can't help them. If you don't answer immediately to their requests, they get annoyed.

So yeah, there are upsides and downsides to both of the ways of doing it. If you DO go for the interaction, you better be prepared to go all the way, because if you're just slightly in touch, you get stuff like the World of Warcraft forums, where people are demanding things left and right and claiming that Blizzard hates its customers etc etc etc.

No, the moral of the story is clearly don't buy Vista. Wink
SethP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tennants Lager wrote:
No, the moral of the story is clearly don't buy Vista. Wink

Haha, so very true :p
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We may start them up again once we know what we are doing, but right now, it's a bit up in the air - lots going on here, but not much we can talk about yet.

We'll probably do a post-mortem at some point, but we still feel there's work to be done for Mr. Robot, so there's still some lessons to be learned from it's release.
ewerybody

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey back again guys and girlz! :] long time no see.

Fost wrote:
... we still feel there's work to be done for Mr. Robot, so there's still some lessons to be learned from it's release.

So is this why no Feb and Mar-Dev Diary? Maintenance and Bugfixes for MrRobot?
I don't want to accuse you for this. I'm just so curious!! :]
(meanwhile there are 4 entries in our drakensang-dev diary. But 1.: its all lot more blablabla because its more aimed towards non-techies and 2. but more problematic: its german only.. http://drakensang.onlinewelten.com/articles.html. They also published this little dwarf-anim wich i recently captured anb cut http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKtiluMro8A)
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ewerybody wrote:
So is this why no Feb and Mar-Dev Diary? Maintenance and Bugfixes for MrRobot?

At the moment, we aren't doing dev diaries - it makes more sense to update them when you have something to show. I don't think either of us can be bothered to read or write a dev diary that's just about working life - we much prefer talking about the ins and outs of development specific to a game.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ewerybody wrote:
They also published this little dwarf-anim wich i recently captured anb cut http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKtiluMro8A)[/size]

Looks sweet. I hope this game gets an English translation (that is good) and that I've got a decent enough computer to run it by the time it's released. I'm still stuck with this awful Intel Celeron abomination which prevents me from running non-indie games. Sad
ewerybody

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
I don't think either of us can be bothered to read or write a dev diary that's just about working life ...
ok! So sure! :] I'd love to have time to contribute to a dev-diary. But sometimes its just so boring. And when not you have no time for a dev-diary :]

Poo Bear wrote:
Looks sweet. I hope this game gets an English translation (that is good)
Of course it will! Unfortunately that DSA-License (Dark Eye/Realms of Arkania) in not so strong in english-speaking countries. But I don't doubt they do a proper translation. This is fundamental for this project.

You know, I god a quite cool machine at home. Too bad my windows doesn't boot now for a while. And I have no time to set it up freshly. The PC boots, I see windows loading then a glimpse of a bluescreen then reboot and so on... Crying or Very sad
happymonster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any more ideas for your new game(s) yet? Smile
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been spending an awful lot of time working with other people who are interested in MrRobot. Some of that was fruitful, some not. Anyway, we are now working on a new game, thank goodness. Still a bit early to discuss it just yet though as we're still knocking the rough idea into shape with some prototyping.
SethP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poo Bear wrote:
We've been spending an awful lot of time working with other people who are interested in MrRobot. Some of that was fruitful, some not. Anyway, we are now working on a new game, thank goodness. Still a bit early to discuss it just yet though as we're still knocking the rough idea into shape with some prototyping.

Hallelujah! Does that mean the return of the monthly dev diaries sometime in the near future?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Developer Diary All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: