FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
January-07: Finished!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Developer Diary View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Moonpod Developer Diary RSS feed -RSS Feed
lexaloffle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That first one looks eminently playable. You can't go wrong with two dudes and a buggy at the entrance of a flat shaded cave.
DrDerekDoctors

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lexaloffle wrote:
That first one looks eminently playable. You can't go wrong with two dudes and a buggy at the entrance of a flat shaded cave.

Well, you say that, but look who's further inside the cave!

lexaloffle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrDerekDoctors

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want a war, you got one! Wink

Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, that yellow buggy would be unusable - imagine the constant hassle from space-wasps!
lexaloffle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that depends on if you want some space-wasp spermatozoa to go with your rancid turd.

See - this game just designs itself.
DrDerekDoctors

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lexaloffle wrote:
Well, that depends on if you want some space-wasp spermatozoa to go with your rancid turd.

See - this game just designs itself.

Indeed, I'm putting a deposit down on it right now. Smile
happymonster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. Nightmare Lemmings: The unreleased edition.
Magnulus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
To be honest, from a purely business/promotion pov, I don't think dev diaries do as much as many people think. Really they attract other developers in the main.

Personally, I'm not even nearly a developer, but the dev diaries are still the main reason I finally registered here in the first place (now watch as they stop making diaries! Very Happy ) though I'm not staying merely for those, of course. I don't think I would have known about Mr. Robot if I wasn't paying attention to the development diaries, so that's at least one costumer you wouldn't have had. The diaries are a monthly fix of news directly from the horse's mouth, and I love that kind of thing.
siiseli

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally registered here only for the dev-diaries(and at some point to point out to hamish, that I believe he has blocked me in msn for asking him about war angels. Hamish, please put me back on no more whining about you getting nothing done, seriously).
Tennants Lager

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can only speak for myself but I doubt I'd have been so convinced about buying a game from Moonpod without the Dev-Diaries documenting its progress. Had a good look on here before buying Mr Robot and it helped convince me that you weren't some fly-by-night con artist operation. Wink

(If you haven't noticed, I'm naturally cynical when it comes to things I see online Rolling Eyes )
vanilla

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will you be doing a post mortem for MrRobot? looking forward to it and well done Mark & Nick
Sorrow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnulus wrote:
Fost wrote:
To be honest, from a purely business/promotion pov, I don't think dev diaries do as much as many people think. Really they attract other developers in the main.

Personally, I'm not even nearly a developer, but the dev diaries are still the main reason I finally registered here in the first place (now watch as they stop making diaries! Very Happy ) though I'm not staying merely for those, of course. I don't think I would have known about Mr. Robot if I wasn't paying attention to the development diaries, so that's at least one costumer you wouldn't have had. The diaries are a monthly fix of news directly from the horse's mouth, and I love that kind of thing.

I get withdrawals when i don't get my Moonpod Dev Diary fix, i often keep checking back daily to see if they have released another one for my viewing pleasure, Although i am a Developer and enjoy reading how moonpod have chosen to implement different elements. Not to mention their valuable advice Smile

now...hook it into my veins!
Mystryon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Dev. Diarys are great, They let your fans know where you are at in making a game, which is great more so because you guys are indie game makers, this lets us know your still around, and it also puts you guys on a personal lvl with your fans , you don't get that with the big guys, as a matter of fact I was on a forum for a game the other day, the game is maybe two years or so old, and people were having problems getting it to work on vista well the Mod pretty much told people too bad, get over it, the game company isn't gonna make any kind of patch to help the problem... Alot of people read that and said they will never buy a game from them again just because of that.. so the point of the story, it's good to keep touch with your fans/customers.... =^)
Magnulus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think the point of the story was: "DON'T keep in touch." because if they hadn't said anything, and they didn't have the forums, people wouldn't get that final message denying them the pleasure of an upgrade to make it work with Vista.

The way I see it, community interaction is a two-edged blade. On the one hand you get a lot better feedback and you can give more feedback TO the customers. On the OTHER hand, your customers can end up feeling entitled to more than they are entitled to if you get too close. They can end up becoming personally offended when you can't help them. If you don't answer immediately to their requests, they get annoyed.

So yeah, there are upsides and downsides to both of the ways of doing it. If you DO go for the interaction, you better be prepared to go all the way, because if you're just slightly in touch, you get stuff like the World of Warcraft forums, where people are demanding things left and right and claiming that Blizzard hates its customers etc etc etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Developer Diary All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: