FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Demo Comments
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:58 am    Post subject: Demo Comments Reply with quote

Just found this game today (who would have thought something that's not awful would be linked on SomethingAwful???) and I have to say it's great seeing something like this, kind of a cross between Asteroid, Star Control 2, and Homeworld. I haven't bought any games for several years now, but this one looks like it will buck that trend. I do have some things that I'd like to mention from my limited play time, many perhaps better suited for a Starscape 2.

With the Intro tutorial, it seems as though the first couple mining trips don't affect your stores at all. The amounts seem set in the code. As one who likes to be completely anal with resources in the begining of any game, it's a tad bit frustrating thinking you've just wasted that huge cache of green and white crystals you gathered.

The energy gauge does nothing for me. It bounces around between empty, half full, and full too rapidly and it doesn't seem to accurately reflect what you can do. For instance, with an empty gauge I can still boost forward, use my tractor beam, and fire indiscriminately. I just think the gauge needs to be a bit more responsive, perhaps something similar to the resource bars in Total Annihilation.

Speaking of firing indiscriminately, it would be nice to be able to bind two different keys for beam weapons, one working the way it does now and the other a rapid fire.

For research and development, is there a particular reason why those screens can't be accessed when your ship docks with the Aegis instead of only seeing them in the jump screen? I can understand not wanting players to modify the Aegis in heat of battle (although that itself could allow for a new level of strategy). An on screen notification when the current research or build task is complete would also be nice.

How about some lateral thrusters? I take it from the key bindings there aren't any later on.

Have you thought about making the screen wrap? You know fly to the left, wind up back on the right? While on the subject of the map, maybe overhaul the mini-map. Make it circular and refresh in pulses. Then add a new sensor tech tree to extend its range, detect resources contained in asteroids, find stealthed ships, resist environmental interference, etc. Better for 2.0.

Well, that's all I can think of for now. This looks like a great game, keep up the good work.
omechron

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not on the team or anything, but I don't like seeing a post ignored... Laughing

Quote:
With the Intro tutorial, it seems as though the first couple mining trips don't affect your stores at all. The amounts seem set in the code. As one who likes to be completely anal with resources in the begining of any game, it's a tad bit frustrating thinking you've just wasted that huge cache of green and white crystals you gathered.

I know saying it doesn't matter won't help with your analness, but considering the ammount of resources you'll go through in just zone 1, "It doesn't matter" is an understatement.

Besides, it says they're using em to repair the broken systems on your default ship Wink

Quote:
The energy gauge does nothing for me. It bounces around between empty, half full, and full too rapidly and it doesn't seem to accurately reflect what you can do. For instance, with an empty gauge I can still boost forward, use my tractor beam, and fire indiscriminately. I just think the gauge needs to be a bit more responsive, perhaps something similar to the resource bars in Total Annihilation.

The energy guage really just shows production versus usage. When it's empty, you're using energy at least as fast as it's being produced. The vessels you can get at the start are pretty well ballanced with the generator, but later it's pretty easy to overdraw from even a generator 4...

Quote:
Speaking of firing indiscriminately, it would be nice to be able to bind two different keys for beam weapons, one working the way it does now and the other a rapid fire.

Yes it would... but it doesn't take much speed at all to fire as fast as the game will let you. My brother is a drummer, but we still rapid fire at the same rate...

Quote:
How about some lateral thrusters? I take it from the key bindings there aren't any later on.

That would be nice but they'd make certain important fights WAY too easy. When you'll buy the game, you'll see what I mean.

Quote:
Have you thought about making the screen wrap? You know fly to the left, wind up back on the right? While on the subject of the map, maybe overhaul the mini-map. Make it circular and refresh in pulses. Then add a new sensor tech tree to extend its range, detect resources contained in asteroids, find stealthed ships, resist environmental interference, etc. Better for 2.0

Okay, all of these are definaltely sequel material. Really I don't understand why there are edges to sectors of space in the first place... the sensor thing would be cool though.
hair65

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject: nike shoes and wigs Reply with quote

www.google.com online shopping human hair wigs and nike shoes for discount.wholesale lace front wigs and cheap nike air max shos online.where to buy high quality synthetic wigs and roshe run shoes is a best choice.
human hair wigs
cheap lace front wigs
full lace wigs
lace front wigs
cheap human hair wigs
cheap synthetic wigs
cheap wigs for women
cheap bob wigs
african american wigs cheap
afro wigs cheap
cheap full lace wigs
cheap curly wigs
cheap cosplay wigs
cheap wigs for men
cheap costume wigs
cheap hair extensions

cheap nike shoes
nike air max
nike air max 90
nike air max 90 womens white
white roshes mens
roshes women
cheap air max 90
air max 270 mens
nike air max 1 mens
cheap nikes online
nike sb janoski
nike skateboarding shoes
nike air force one men
nike air force 1 low
black huaraches
nike huarache women
air max 270
air max sale
nike air max sale
air jordan 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: