FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Old problem, new patch!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Old problem, new patch! Reply with quote

Does anybody still get bothered by the fact that while you are editing your ships, you have to click 'modify' every time, before clicking an object that's on the ship?

This gets real annoying when you place the missles on the outside wings and the blasters on the nose of all your ships, and then you want to go back and switch them. All.

I think every item on the ship should be it's own modify button.
How difficult would this be to implement?
View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Anticheese

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be pretty easy to make it so that when you double click on a component you are moving it, And double clicking on a component with a component allready being grappled swaps them around shouldent be too hard...
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We would be the first people to admit the ship construction screen needs work. Really needs to be drag and drop for the whole system.
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And rotate part so you can fit shield 2s.
Magnulus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psh. Rotation is luxury. I agree about the drag and drop, but allowing rotation would significantly alter the difficulty of the game, since you'd be able to fit anything almost anywhere I like it the way it is. Apart from the actual mechanics of it.
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the way it is now it is imposable to use shield 2s.
Magnulus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say I've ever had that problem that I can remember.
Lothar
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icarus wrote:
But the way it is now it is imposable to use shield 2s.

No, it's not. You just have to be creative with your placement:

Anticheese

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creative indeed!
Chibi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
We would be the first people to admit the ship construction screen needs work. Really needs to be drag and drop for the whole system.

Agreed. I can see it now. You see your ship. There are no modify buttons. You can drag and drop from every slot. There are no add buttons. You can see the currently selected item in stock. It shows it's icon in the selection/info screen (which is along the bottom like normal). You can drag it's icon from that screen to add it...

Ingenious, Fost! Simply genious!

And someday, years in the future, after Battlescape comes out... ((hehe)) )Online mode. The doors of the nexus are always open. There is no hyperspace, but ships come and go from the nexus at will, and fight off enemies that auto-spawn all around. The nexus has the best beam and turrets of course, and it auto-repairs itself... Asteroids and Lava Rocks come in from the edges of the screen, for those people who want to mine (or get chased by lava worms). You repair and upgrade your ship by going to the aegis, where your store of items is. (It can actually store your store of items on your computer, and not online, but that doesn't matter to the users... They only see how cool your ship is when you attach those items to it!
View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually thinking about that but i decided that guns were more important than shielding.
Magnulus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, that's the thing. It forces you to think tactically and choose to go defensively or offensively into battle. This is called tactical choice. You can't have your shield and eat it too, Icarus. Or something. Very Happy
Lothar
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

icarus wrote:
I was actually thinking about that but i decided that guns were more important than shielding.

I agree. Which is why I almost always play without ANY shields. They suck energy away from your guns, make your ship heavier and less maneuverable, and make you into a huge target. They're only worthwhile in special circumstances.
Darth Dallas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or go with a shield 1. It may not be all that helpful, but it only takes up one slot. For some parts though, such as batteries or something that are 1x2, I do sometimes see the desire to be able to flip them from up/down to going sideways.

That way on hulls like Avengers and Devastators you could have them bracket the engine and generator placement. Still, I think this method would make more sense if there were say twice the number of components available and if they all had different scales.
Chibi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth Dallas wrote:
Or go with a shield 1. It may not be all that helpful, but it only takes up one slot. For some parts though, such as batteries or something that are 1x2, I do sometimes see the desire to be able to flip them from up/down to going sideways.

That way on hulls like Avengers and Devastators you could have them bracket the engine and generator placement. Still, I think this method would make more sense if there were say twice the number of components available and if they all had different scales.

That would make sense. I often wonder why it can't "fit" that way. Then again, I often wonder why there aren't hangar doors on the North and South side of the Aegis. Why can't you turn, Aegis? Wouldn't that be cool if Aegis could spin round depending on what direction you were coming at it with? Or if bad guys were coming at it, and it only had turrets in slots 1 and 3, if it angled to the side so that both turrets could fire as soon as possible! That'd be neat. A spinning Aegis. A SPINNING AEGIS!

Cmon, use some of those 16 megs of VidRam. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: