FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Starscape as MMORPG
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm
Spoiler (highlight to read):

i think mr robot should be before starscape beacuse the equipment seen in the ship (what was its name?) looks more crude

or maby the ship could be launched before the aegis but the game take place after (STL travel takes SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long)

but you know things i don't so whatever

also i kinda liked the old battlescape storyline
too bad
Magnulus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about more CRUDE, Icarus, but it looks less sleek and white. That means nothing, of course. Just look at the fifties and sixties compared to the eighties. They went from a futuristic, aerodynamic look to the boxy, weird looks of mostly everything that was made in the eighties.
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well even fost said that the shuttles in the (um the name of the ship please) wer porto prowlers
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icarus wrote:
hmm

i think mr robot should be before starscape beacuse the equipment seen in the ship (what was its name?) looks more crude

or maby the ship could be launched before the aegis but the game take place after (STL travel takes SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long)

Yeah, I'm not 100% sure where Mr. Robot should be placed. There is the idea that when the Aegis doesn't return, Humanity starts trying other none FTL programs to reach out into space. One thing about equipment and technology - the Aegis is beyond anything currently available on Earth, and is a prototype itself. Of course, Mr. Robot is really going for more of a 'fun' style, and does throw certain ideas of realism out of the window, so there's a question of whether it should even be part of the Starscape universe. I really like the idea of having Mr. R style robots in any future Starscape universe game though. Your own personal Asimov class robot sat in the back of your ship like R2 in Starwars would be cool Very Happy.

icarus wrote:
also i kinda liked the old battlescape storyline
too bad

Yeah, that storyline has been kicking around here for quite a few years, and we are quite attached to it, but:
we quite like the idea of having the Aegis and its characters involved on some level, and perhaps the fact that the Starscape team come home thinking they've escaped one disaster only to wind up in another, which is quite cool.

PS: It's The Eidolon Smile
Weeble
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's really nothing incongruous about things aboard the Aegis appearing more advanced than things aboard the Eidolon. The Aegis could easily have been the most expensive human undertaking in the history of the planet, while I get the impression that, though vast, the Eidolon isn't exactly the classiest ship around.
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the aegis (being a research ship) wouldn't do much to tip the balance of a planetary war (maybe a war in space but not one on earth) because: it cant land on a planet (i think), it's weapons are for use in a vacuum with zero G (most of them at least*), it's fighters aren't aerodynamic and can't fly (maybe the avenger can?), and most importantly bud is only one person

also Spoiler (highlight to read):
doesn't rin die at the end? i don't think the aegis should continue without her

* weapon notes
    i don't know how blasters work but i assume they would work
    there are 2 kinds of ion canons: charged particle canons which don't work in a vacuum (particles repel each other), and neutral particle canons (which are unpractical in an atmosphere
    beam lasers would probably work anywhere
    the missiles, torps, and bombs aren't aerodynamic and would not fly
Lothar
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

icarus wrote:
missiles, torps, and bombs aren't aerodynamic and would not fly

It's not exactly difficult to put the same warhead and engine in a different casing.
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good point but i don't think that would be practical
Weeble
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lothar wrote:
It's not exactly difficult to put the same warhead and engine in a different casing.

Hmmmmmmm....

"Okay Bud, I'm going to need you out there this time. You can take the avenger. I've loaded it up for you."

"Uhhh... won't I need some guns?"

"No no no. Don't worry. I've loaded you up with all the nova bombs we'll ever need."

"But... I only see bomb-bays... where are the launchers?"

"You worry too much Bud. Just point towards the Archnid battlecruiser and the ship will do the rest..."
Chibi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Personal Information... Reply with quote

One man's fanservice-filled idea? Or could it be what Moonpod had planned all along?

In Battlescape, you play an individual character, rather than your uncharacterized role as the faceless leader of the Aegis.

The Aegis, of course, warps ahead in time, and poor Jenna Johnson finds out that her boyfriend has passed away in the first-wave onslaught of the Archnid war. However, your character is there to console her in her time of need. Jenna then joins your character, fighting at your side, to defeat the alien threat!

How cool is that! Wink
Okay, I just made it all up. Well, most of it.
View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chibi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually played a tale in the desert. I liked it a lot.

And regarding MMORPGs, have you tried the 1-dimensional (PHP) version? They're pretty cool sometimes. Mine is going to start off like ATITD and end off like StarScape. Only in one dimension instead of 2 or 3.

What I don't like about Eve is... threefold...
1 - The fact that it takes an hour to get to where you want to be.
2 - The Monthly Price Theory
3 - The fact that it takes an hour to get to where you want to be.

Do you want to PLAY a game, or just sit there? StarScape is a LOT BETTER THAN EVE ONLINE. And eve has beautiful 3d realistic graphics? Case in point. StarScape was implemented Better.
View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Magnulus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear EveOnline is doing well, so there must be a reason for it. I think a lot of people enjoy the real-time aspect of it, or at least get drawn in by it.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The just managed to get 27k people online in the same world at the same time on the US/Western server, then they go and open a Chinese server and get 33k people on at once on the 2nd day !!!
Magnulus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, things are a bit different in China, I hear, with how they manage the MMOs. It's almost like it's a whole different country Shocked
Chibi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnulus wrote:
Yeah, things are a bit different in China, I hear, with how they manage the MMOs. It's almost like it's a whole different country Shocked

D= They still have those?! (...other countries...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: