FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
hiding from worms inside the Aegis...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:10 am    Post subject: hiding from worms inside the Aegis... Reply with quote

hello all, this is my first post, lah di dah...

i searched through most of the request/suggestion threads and didn't come across my idea, so i'm putting it out there, apologies if it's already been broached...

I would like to suggest a feature whereby once you dock with the Aegis you can let the game continue playing... I've just finished Zone 1 and am experimenting with the practicality of mining worms...

this oftentimes results in a situation where I'm in a damaged craft and being chased by 2 or 3 worms

when i dock with, or rather hide, inside the Aegis time freezes. at this point there might be anywhere from 2 to 5 worms circling or immediately beside the Aegis. this is not a problem however because it's currently armed with 4 Turret 2's and a Cannon 2... however, it IS a problem if I would like to relaunch a craft, as it is immediately severely damaged in the shockwaves of the worm explosions as my Aegis crew competently and methodically slays them all...

So, once inside the Aegis, an option to unfreeze time and let my turret boys go to work would be much appreciated Smile

any thoughts?
Darth Dallas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this idea has come up before, in the form of using the Aegis herself as an optional vehicle choice the player could control. In a way it sorta makes sense if your ever out of available ship hulls (none stored or still being built), yet you made it back to the station with your escape pod.

But because the ship autogenerates that default runabout hull for you in those situations, I haven't really heard much more about the subject.
Shad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting... i hadn't even considered actually piloting the Aegis... i was thinking strictly along the lines of simply sitting in the docking bay and letting the captain(Aegis AI) do her thing...

basically just "unpausing" it, although i know the code isn't remotely that simple Smile

thanks DD
tieron_asaki

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shad wrote:
interesting... i hadn't even considered actually piloting the Aegis... i was thinking strictly along the lines of simply sitting in the docking bay and letting the captain(Aegis AI) do her thing...

basically just "unpausing" it, although i know the code isn't remotely that simple Smile

thanks DD

One word:

menu.

All my time doing scriptwork for various games, non-multiplayer games (Even the single-player instances of otherwise multi-player games) seem to be the hardest to give real-time menus. Most menus are 'interrupts' to the rest of a game, allowing you the time for thought your character would technicaly have had before hand to accomplish the task. Writing out the code for a menu that wouldn't interrupt time is a bit more complex than anything else I've ever had to do, especially when I'm learning the language for a first about 90% of the time.

Now if something like that were to be done, it could be an option at the start point. Something like 'Real time' mode or something that would incorporate that feature, but maybe a few others that would make the game both harder and easier at points. The 'Hiding inside the Aegis', for example, could be good when up against something like that, but it could also be bad if you are running away from a huge swarm and need to change ships fast so you can blow them up before the Aegis goes 'KAPOW!' (sorry, been playing Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries a little too much lately... Duncan Fisher is really ANNOYING). If the menus didn't pause the game at that point, you would have to decide much faster which ship was the right one to use.
Shad

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fair enough...

i was thinking the mechanic would go something like this:

1 - when you first enter the Aegis, it pauses and brings up the menu just like it does now...

2 - on that menu there would then be a button titled "continue" or some such word, which if clicked, would unpause the game with the only difference being that you are still in the Aegis... essentially removing the fighter from play and letting the game run on it's own...

3 - you could then repause it to change ships / heal / relaunch a fighter etc...

in any case, it's obviously not important and would probably rank near the bottom of a Starscape to-do list... just idle thoughts
tieron_asaki

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shad wrote:
fair enough...

i was thinking the mechanic would go something like this:

1 - when you first enter the Aegis, it pauses and brings up the menu just like it does now...

2 - on that menu there would then be a button titled "continue" or some such word, which if clicked, would unpause the game with the only difference being that you are still in the Aegis... essentially removing the fighter from play and letting the game run on it's own...

3 - you could then repause it to change ships / heal / relaunch a fighter etc...

in any case, it's obviously not important and would probably rank near the bottom of a Starscape to-do list... just idle thoughts

After reading your little idea there I was kinda hitting myself upside the head (doing this alot lately) at the sheer obviousness. I actually added that kind of menu option in to an as-yet unlabled flash game similar to starscape that I've been working on the past couple years (The main dev team is in Korea and have never heard of starscape. similarities in gameplay are few and far between but rather coincidental) not two weeks ago for my final bit of work, because we had some enemies like the worms. For Starscape easy thing would be to just touch the 'Call' button again.
hair65

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject: nike shoes and wigs Reply with quote

www.google.com online shopping human hair wigs and nike shoes for discount.wholesale lace front wigs and cheap nike air max shos online.where to buy high quality synthetic wigs and roshe run shoes is a best choice.
human hair wigs
cheap lace front wigs
full lace wigs
lace front wigs
cheap human hair wigs
cheap synthetic wigs
cheap wigs for women
cheap bob wigs
african american wigs cheap
afro wigs cheap
cheap full lace wigs
cheap curly wigs
cheap cosplay wigs
cheap wigs for men
cheap costume wigs
cheap hair extensions

cheap nike shoes
nike air max
nike air max 90
nike air max 90 womens white
white roshes mens
roshes women
cheap air max 90
air max 270 mens
nike air max 1 mens
cheap nikes online
nike sb janoski
nike skateboarding shoes
nike air force one men
nike air force 1 low
black huaraches
nike huarache women
air max 270
air max sale
nike air max sale
air jordan 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: