FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Starport GE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Starport GE Reply with quote

http://www.playtechtonics.com/information.php

Massively multiplayer 2D Elite style space trading game, it doesn't really look that great and it didn't seem that massive. You pick a server to join and the game resets every two weeks, the highest population I ever saw was ~50 people on a server. You can hop from one system to another and trade goods at space stations or ferry NPC's from one station to another for credits. They've also added planets you can explore, landing shows a pretty ropey randomly generated dungeonesque map which can contain resources or colonies or more often nothing.

You can play for free but if you run out of money there is the option of spending real cash on more ingame currency. Just to help push things along there are various taxes, expensive upgrades to buy and even fuel has to be paid for (although it regenerates if you sit still). Some servers are private and you have to pay a one off entry fee. I was dubious but people in their forum say a lot of players hardly ever put real money in so I think they've tried to be fair about it. I was really excited when I heard about this game being as I'm such a big Elite fan and I think if I really put some time in I could probably get a lot out of it. I've spent about 2 hours with the game so far (which I know isn't much) and I have no clue what is going on. I think you would need to scour the forums before playing to really work anything out.

Most of the planets are empty, but there is probably some trick to working out which ones might have resources on them.

If a planet has a colony on it then you'll take one shot and die, but then I am a newbie. What do colonies do anyway?

The game universe seems enormous, in fact it is far too big for the small number of players in it. You see plenty of ships but most of the time they seem to be NPC's or maybe they're humans who are ignoring me.

Trying to work out where to buy and sell goods is still a mystery to me, I keep looking for some trick to it, but I suppose I'd have to fly all over and note down prices and just work it out. Gosh that sounds like hard work.

Even though there aren't that many players there is still a healthy dose of "you are a newbie, I am not, I will kill you and laugh at you and there is nothing you can do about it. My ship and weapons own joo". I just love that aspect of unbalanced multiplayer gaming.

I'm confused and frustrated Crying or Very sad

Just recently they've been running some advertising and this has caused a large influx of visitors. Some seem to be saying the same things I am and getting roasted on the forums by the lifers Smile . If you put the time in to research the forums for info then I think this could be fun. You can play for free too so it's worth a look. One day I will find the holy grail of Elite games, just got to keep searching.
OvermindDL1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not terribly interesting once you've played it for a bit. I've learned that no matter how powerful you've become or how many defenses around dettlements you've made, someone, sometime when you are offline, will turn them all to dust...
Flumpaphone

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone else notice the advert for Starport over at Penny Arcade? It's still there if you want to catch it.

Did anything strike you as familiar?

Perhaps it was just me thinking it was a direct rip-off of a Starscape advert. (yours, of course, looked infinitely better Very Happy )

Still, they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery etc.

It could perhaps be just me. I know it was not the first game of its type, however Starscape defined a genre for me (It's not the 2d, top down, space shooter genre! It's the Starscape genre!!)
Very Happy

Regarding Starport: it is full of great ideas, but I think it is a case of A for effort, D for implementation. People who like Subspace might enjoy it however (I never could understand why people liked that but it seems to have a big following).
hair65

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject: nike shoes and wigs Reply with quote

www.google.com online shopping human hair wigs and nike shoes for discount.wholesale lace front wigs and cheap nike air max shos online.where to buy high quality synthetic wigs and roshe run shoes is a best choice.
human hair wigs
cheap lace front wigs
full lace wigs
lace front wigs
cheap human hair wigs
cheap synthetic wigs
cheap wigs for women
cheap bob wigs
african american wigs cheap
afro wigs cheap
cheap full lace wigs
cheap curly wigs
cheap cosplay wigs
cheap wigs for men
cheap costume wigs
cheap hair extensions

cheap nike shoes
nike air max
nike air max 90
nike air max 90 womens white
white roshes mens
roshes women
cheap air max 90
air max 270 mens
nike air max 1 mens
cheap nikes online
nike sb janoski
nike skateboarding shoes
nike air force one men
nike air force 1 low
black huaraches
nike huarache women
air max 270
air max sale
nike air max sale
air jordan 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: