FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Suggestion: Research and Development
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Suggestion: Research and Development Reply with quote

Starscape's research and development is a lacking area, I think. You've got a great arcade game here with excellent gameplay and a sort of structured building game behind it all. Humm, I don't feel like I'm making my point. Look at it this way; you're x years into the future and blah blah, but all your brilliant scientists can do is build and create technology in a linear-numbered fashion.

What I would like to see is specific areas of a new technology researched. For example, a blaster. You start with the basic blaster, but when you research a new model you can have the scientists develop specific areas of blaster technology. Do you want it to shoot faster, charge up quicker, last longer, draw less energy when firing, take up less pod space, weight less, etc. Increasing one area of the blaster's tech would make for changes in other areas like making the blaster do more damage makes it take more energy to fire.

Then, players could choose to finalize the research and produce blaster parts - here is where you would give the model a generation number or a sequential name. The next time you wanted to upgrade your blasters it would cost more since it would be a 'generation 3' blaster or whatever and the player could choose to research even more damage at the cost of more energy or maybe he wants to cut down the pod size or the weight.

Anything that gives more of a creative element to the... well... creation in Starscape would be a welcome feature in my most humble opinion.
OvermindDL1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But, it is designed to be simple, as fun as that'd be, it wouldn't be simple.
champion3824

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get allot of resources in a Danger node.
But there are space worms so you need a good and a fast ship.
at least with engine's 2/Gravbeam 2/Plasmatorps/Battery 2.
And some blaster's 2 or Beams.
If you want to know my thing's just say ok.
siirenias

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be so bold as to suggest a branch of drone technology that tracks targets independently, like the Aegis turrets?
View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turret drones are a good idea - I think someone suggested them a while back (or something similar). Anyway, they would make a good addition.

I quite like those 'turrets' that you get in R-Type that you always aim in the opposite direction to travel too.

btw: are you ok using your email address as your nick? it seems like a surefire way to get spammed. Let me know if you like it changing.
siirenias

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, considering the fact that the Aegis can't fit a ship big enough to fit turrets on, drone turrets are a good idea. Either that, or tiny drones that can move independently and act like those Arachnid fighters that either follow your ship or the Aegis.

Also...beam turrets would be a lovely addition.

And yes, I'd like it to just read Siirenias without my email address, if you could.
View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

siirenias wrote:
And yes, I'd like it to just read Siirenias without my email address, if you could.

Done! It's always good to keep your email address hidden - most spam emails are harvested by programs searching web pages for addresses (although we try to block many of the known ones)
Lothar
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggested turret drones (along with several other modifications of various types) in this thread.
siirenias

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the reference post. I like the AI copilots idea. It coincides with my tiny independent drone ship idea. Also, maybe the appearance or maybe even assistance of the droneships mentioned to be used by the robots.
Akim

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: DOWN HERE! Reply with quote

once i saw the word " independent " and idea cam in my mind. What id you make alot diferent spices (or w.e it is) and .. lets say there would be 3 on the first zone, and when yu start the game one of the spiceswill be friendly and others natural, (the frendlies are the robots) and let the 1st zone be big, and as Matta seid, let all the upgrades be, the game will be more interesting cose you will have an ocean of upgrades. And let the ship have more space, or atleast to have an upgrade for more space. I played at my friends house, he bought the game in russian,(HOW THE HELL DID HE FIND IT?) i played maximum to the 3rd zone, that in the 4th it starts to be hard, THATS where we need superduper new weapons!

P.S: Dont start with that record thing, my friend never had an email, he have never seen this website too, he bought the game in russia, the game was as a bonus to splinter cell( the new game, whats its name? Chaos theory?) soo whe i saw that at his house i stayed for the night and passed to the 4th zone. Btw, he had to pay for that bonus too, 20 buks!+ 30 buks of the splinter cell!!!!!
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Akim - I'm having trouble understanding you.

Regarding Russian Starscape - we are published in Russia via snowball

Apologies, I didn't really understand much else you said Sad
Akim

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol neathe do I! Laughing
pheonix

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matta- And you could make alloys with the different types of resources and they would have different properties such as weight, physical resistance (resistance to bumps, missile hits and G-forces) and resistance to heat (resistance to lasers) and make different parts of a hull.
Pkunk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is it that once the scientists aboard the Aegis have obtained the shield technology from the Xenarch, they are unable to develop a larger model to protect the Aegis ?

Why aren't there version of the smaller ship's weaponry available for the Aegis ? Ei: Blasters, Ion Cannons, Smart Bombs
Monkey Mauler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pkunk wrote:
How is it that once the scientists aboard the Aegis have obtained the shield technology from the Xenarch, they are unable to develop a larger model to protect the Aegis ?

Why aren't there version of the smaller ship's weaponry available for the Aegis ? Ei: Blasters, Ion Cannons, Smart Bombs

i know i mean a shield would be nice on the aegis - just to even things out pump out hundreds of ememies alot quicker
novas would be very good because i always get bogged down i zone5, and i just dont make it to the aegis in time so BOOOM - game over.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: