FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Survival is just mean
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely don't like the "OMG here's a bunch of worms" method for survival mode... just gets tedious, but not actually dangerous. Usually once I get to that point, I can circle and get the occasional kill, and then after 5 or 10 minutes I take some damage. Not really what survival mode should be, which is why I play 5 minute only.

Ramping up the number of minibosses, though -- especially those zone 5 pancake stack things -- would both make death come sooner, and allow you to actually build up points in the late game.

Consider making survival get harder like this:
- at 15 minutes, you start to get extra minibosses and a few worms
- at 20 minutes, you start to get even more extra minibosses, especially the zone 5 guys
- at 25 minutes, you start to get minibosses in annoying alternate modes -- like, the 2 armored bosses stuck in their "closed and ramming you" state.
- at 30 minutes, you get something that looks like the unholy mother of the zone 2 (whole-zone) boss right in the middle of the screen, with maybe a dozen of those little disks... and when you kill one, a new one is formed.

The idea is, as you move from stage to stage, the game keeps getting harder, rather than just getting wormier. There's still interesting stuff to kill, though, including worms and other stuff. And eventually, you face an opponent that's incredibly dangerous, and still have to run from all the junk chasing you.
boone

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
icarus wrote:
the problem with survival is there is a limit to what the game can throw at you

There is more the game can throw at you*, but invariably, it causes problems that take us ages to iron out.

*Throwing a boss or two into the mix for instance, no reason we couldn't do that, but it would inevitably break the game in a myriad of situations.

There's also this beast:

Currently languishing in my Starscape Beta folder.

Are those lasers or missles being fired out of that thing? Also...whats that blue thing on the right. Its a cool boss, hope you guys get it into the game
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boone wrote:
Are those lasers or missles being fired out of that thing? Also...whats that blue thing on the right.

It has blasters on every corner that track you (makes nice arcs of laser blast when you do a fly by), a large central laser that fores if you stand still for a second, and the blue stuff is homing plasma (a little like your own plasma torpedos with the amplifier set to 11) which fire every now and then and so you have to run away from. It's pretty much impossible to kill at the moment. Smile

boone wrote:
Its a cool boss, hope you guys get it into the game

It's actually the mother of all capitol ships and not a boss, but I wouldn't hold your breath for it - there's tons to do on it if it's ever going to go in. I think what we really need to do is employ someone who's job it is to continually update our games whilst we get on with the new ones Smile
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think its a bit overkill for the Xenarch

you could kill them with one warp wing (one fighter and a few drones)
Max Gene

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who said anything about Xenarch? Question

Anyways, that is a sweet ship there... and i obviously need to play the game more if you Jedi folk are THAT good at survival. Shocked
hair65

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject: nike shoes and wigs Reply with quote

www.google.com online shopping human hair wigs and nike shoes for discount.wholesale lace front wigs and cheap nike air max shos online.where to buy high quality synthetic wigs and roshe run shoes is a best choice.
human hair wigs
cheap lace front wigs
full lace wigs
lace front wigs
cheap human hair wigs
cheap synthetic wigs
cheap wigs for women
cheap bob wigs
african american wigs cheap
afro wigs cheap
cheap full lace wigs
cheap curly wigs
cheap cosplay wigs
cheap wigs for men
cheap costume wigs
cheap hair extensions

cheap nike shoes
nike air max
nike air max 90
nike air max 90 womens white
white roshes mens
roshes women
cheap air max 90
air max 270 mens
nike air max 1 mens
cheap nikes online
nike sb janoski
nike skateboarding shoes
nike air force one men
nike air force 1 low
black huaraches
nike huarache women
air max 270
air max sale
nike air max sale
air jordan 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: