FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
things in a shoot em up i want and loved
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:02 pm    Post subject: things in a shoot em up i want and loved Reply with quote

ok lets see ... the best shoot em ups i have played is probably
Metalslug (all of em), Wings of death 1 and Wings of death 2 (also called LethalX). (you would like to hear Starscape here right) Wink

so what made these games so damn good for me ...
WoD1 and 2 hade all this nice done weapon upgrades that rewarded you for every upgrade, from the normal triangle shoot that became a (not good) spreading mass of shoot to the Lazer that started out as a small, little yellow line to end in a tripple in and out moving lazer destruction.
and why not the wave weapon that started as a little line of waves to move up to 2 lines x-ing each other over atleast half screen.
they where all nice done and was all special .. also all weapons was possible to use in every stage.
now over to MetalSlug ...
oh MetalSlug .. the humor, the endless shooting, the different weapons
and the good soundtrack, it realy is a game of games ...
also a rewarding game to pick up weapons, from the machinegun to the hillarus dropshot.
one thing with this game is the voice that tells you what weapon you take that is nice done and gives you and instant knowing what you picked up (and it sounds fun too)
MetalSlug also has the funniest end of lvl bosses that i have seen.
One other game that pops up in mind is is Tyrian, that game also gives rewarding upgrades and a whole army of different weapons.

Well i could go on and on about games, but the point here is that i want a rewarding upgrade/weapon when i take one/research one (im not saying that Starscape isnt).
so to sum this up abit ...

what i want in a shoot em up is:
1: alot of weapons and upgrades (not same weapon with different color, they could come in both research and pick ups on stages)
2: the jumpier weapon the funnier (if it moves in randow directions out of your ship but still becomes more and more for every upgrade its fine as long as it does it in a nice flashy way)
3: interesting stages and also interesting bosses (Starscape lives up to the bosses)

well thats my rant and keep up the good work with games.
guesst

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal Slug was briliant on so many levels. The sounds, yes. The voice telling you the weapons, yes. Sharp, finished cartoony graphics, yes. (Better than StarScape in my opinion on that one. No offence to your artist.) Tighter than tight controls, oh yes. Big selling point there for me. When you hit jump, he jumped. When you pulled left he moved. No wierd physics to deal with. No lag. Briliant. Infact, if I had to prioritize a atribute of MS that I liked, the control would be number 1.

Other shooters, Ikagura (Boy, I slaughtered that spelliing, I know), the one where you had to switch from black to white ingame, loved that one. Added a real unique twist on the "get better weapon and kill enemy."

Zero Wing was good for 2 reasons. Picking up an enemy to use as a shield or projectile weapon. Gotta love it. And "All your base are belong to us!" Yes, it's cliche now, but still funny.

Alien Syndrome (I played the GameGear version mostly, but there are others) was also very good. I liked the aspect of building the best weapon for the particular final boss. A few times throught the game and you'd be all pretty good at it.

I also liked the MegaMan series. Even X kept the tridition up. X4, one of the best games ever. Technically it may be to stragety-iey for some people, but I like that stuff. X4 was great for control, graphics (FULLY ANIMATED CUT SCENES! No cheep animatics, no cutting corners. Fully animated!) and it made Zero a independent character that changed the way the game was played. I was a fan at X1, but X4 blew me away and I still go back to replay it once in a while.

Oh, and while it's not a shoot-em-up, everyone must appereciate SC1. No one does, but everyone should. I will make you all understand. No more will you ignore this gem of brilliance. You have no chance for survive. Make your time. Bwahahahahaha!

Oops. Sorry all.
CidHighwindFF7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MegaManX and Metal Slug are platformers, but I understand what you are saying. (I love those two, along with Contra, X has the Bouncing off walls thing, Slug is funny, and Contra is... the hardest game ever made, but never frustrating.)
hair65

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject: nike shoes and wigs Reply with quote

www.google.com online shopping human hair wigs and nike shoes for discount.wholesale lace front wigs and cheap nike air max shos online.where to buy high quality synthetic wigs and roshe run shoes is a best choice.
human hair wigs
cheap lace front wigs
full lace wigs
lace front wigs
cheap human hair wigs
cheap synthetic wigs
cheap wigs for women
cheap bob wigs
african american wigs cheap
afro wigs cheap
cheap full lace wigs
cheap curly wigs
cheap cosplay wigs
cheap wigs for men
cheap costume wigs
cheap hair extensions

cheap nike shoes
nike air max
nike air max 90
nike air max 90 womens white
white roshes mens
roshes women
cheap air max 90
air max 270 mens
nike air max 1 mens
cheap nikes online
nike sb janoski
nike skateboarding shoes
nike air force one men
nike air force 1 low
black huaraches
nike huarache women
air max 270
air max sale
nike air max sale
air jordan 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: