FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
help needed with room z1r33
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Mr.Robot View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: help needed with room z1r33 Reply with quote

Howdy, all...I downloaded Mr Robot yesterday, and have been enjoying myself with the game...until I reach room z1r33.

This is the room one room over from the Hub1 room, reached by a leftward bending corridor. It has a coolant pool in the middle, two elevated conveyor belts that are perpendicular to each other, and a partially collapsed platform at the end of the room where the exit is located.

I can get Asimov across the room, and I try to move the crates so that he can jump from the conveyor belt to them, and then to the platform. However, I haven't been able to get Asimov onto the platform. I was wondering if I'm missing something here, or if I just need to practice jumping. Is this a bug? Is there some sort of hardware/software device I need to make Asimov jump higher/farther?

Thanks in advance for any advice Smile

PS...make sure Sunny gets the GOOD dog biscuits
Rup

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the room is solvable. The trick is how you arrange the crates: I'm not sure I can say much that than without giving the game away completely. After that it is just jumping, yes.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of my favourite rooms I think, mainly because it was one of the first that was made rather than it actually being better than any other.

Some people found it very upsetting though Smile You see, when testing the game you often need to create real valid saves and move properly from A to B. There are debugging shortcuts that make you invulnerable or let you teleport to any room, but a lot of the time you cannot use them as you are trying to recreate something in the game. Now most rooms can be completed very quickly or shortcuts can be taken. However, this room ended up in a map position that meant everyone was always having to go through it and there was no quick solution or 2 second short cut.

If you want a full solution I can post it, but as Rup said, you just need to get those two crates into the right position to help you. I suppose another clue is to remember that you can stack crates one on top of the other.
RTex

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: possible bug/room z1r33 Reply with quote

Thanks, you don't have to give it away for me, I will figure it out eventually Smile

It looks as though the room is impassable, given Asimov's physical limitations, but I will keep trying.
Weeble
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asimov can jump across a horizontal chasm two tiles wide (actually a tiny bit further), but not one three tiles wide.

Code:
 ___         ___
| A |XXXXXXX| B |
|___|XXXXXXX|___|
 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 XXXXXXXXXXX|   |
 XXXXXXXXXXX|___|
 XXX| C |   |   |
 XXX|___|___|___|

Supposing that the Xs mark a chasm and the squares are platforms. Asimov can jump from A to B comfortably. He can also jump from A to C by starting his jump overhanging the side of A slightly, or by moving in mid-air.

Asimov cannot jump vertically more than the height of one of the flat half-size crates. He can, however, *just* manage to make a jump across a chasm of two tiles *and* land on a platform raised by this "half-crate" height. I don't think this room involves doing that, though.
attack_donut

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be apreciate it if someone could post and/or e.mail me a solution. I like the game, but these kind of rooms I'm not good at (in puzzle games in general) and I lose interest in the game quickly, which I don't want to do here, as it's a fun game.

Thanks
Rup

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler (highlight to read):
1. Push a crate onto the back-left corner of the lift (so that it'll end up next to the conveyor belt when you raise the lift). Stand on the lift and raise it.
2. When the lift gets to the top, push the crate onto the conveyor belt and let it travel over to the far side then drop. Take the lift back down again.
3. Repeat with the other crate: take it to the top of the lift and push it onto the conveyor belt. It should travel across to the other side and land on top of the first crate.
4. You should now have two crates stacked on top of each other on the far side of the river. You now need to move the crates so you can jump from the conveyor belt onto the crates and then onto the exit platfom. Jump over to the far side of the river and push them to a likely spot, then go back up the lift and try to make the jump. I can't remember exactly where, sorry, but shouldn't take too many goes to find.
Good luck!
cr0ybot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to post in a 5 month old topic, but...

I understand how to get through this room. It became blatantly obvious to me after I accidentally brought both of the crates to the second platform without letting them stack.

My question is if the positions of the crates ever return to default. Because now they are stuck on the other platform with no way of stacking them again. No matter how many times I throw myself into the coolant and reload my save, there they are, sitting uselessly on the far platform.
Rup

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try 'reset room' on the PDA menu - that ought to do the trick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Mr.Robot All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: