FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
First Pic of Optimus!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Film Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
Tryagain Infinity wrote:
I'm rather surprised at you Fost. Being an artist I would think you would have the decency to go see the movie first before judging it.

Michael Bay seems to wallow in mediocrity like a scat fetishist in a paddling pool of his own diarrhoea.

In case anyone was wondering, actually visualizing someone partaking in said activity was a bad, bad idea.
Tryagain Infinity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember folks its worth seeing because you'll get to hear Peter Cullen again.
KomputationMutation

Location: A hard-drive in the UK, ready to dominate the world!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People think too much about their entertainment. More robotic than Prime himself, I daresay.
Deraldin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tryagain Infinity wrote:
Just remember folks its worth seeing because you'll get to hear Peter Cullen again.

*turns on the Transformers: The Movie DVD and hears Peter Cullen's voice again*

Hurray! And all without going to watch the new movie and the unforgivable abomination that they have turned the Decepticons into!
Tennants Lager

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deraldin wrote:
Tryagain Infinity wrote:

*turns on the Transformers: The Movie DVD and hears Peter Cullen's voice again*

Hurray! And all without going to watch the new movie and the unforgivable abomination that they have turned the Decepticons into!

I love the old Transformers movie. As a kid I must've watched it about 1000 times.

Even now the opening 20 minutes, where a big number of the original G1 cast were obliterated, never fails to blow me away and every time I hear one of the Stan Bush songs I get goosebumps. Laughing

Personally, while I'm somewhat sceptical of the new film I'm looking forward to it. I hope the fanboys don't totally rip it to shreds like they did the Mario Brothers film anyway. Wink

(Btw - I'm delighted that's coming out here in early March so I can look back at it for the first time in over 10 years Laughing )

Back to TF though - I reckon it deserves a chance like anything else. Nothing should be immune from new interpretations.

Besides, if it turns out to be GENUINELY rubbish we've always got the aforementioned classic, plus any of the old G1 series...I recently bought the whole lot in a DVD boxset. Total nostalgiafest. Very Happy
Magnulus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tryagain Infinity wrote:
Bay is a director and producer not a writer.
[...]
If Transformers The Movie falls flat I'm going to blame the writers. Yeah, Bay hired them as producer (Steven Speilberg is executive producer), but that will be his only falt.

As a director, it is Bay's responsibility to pull all the creative aspects of the film together in a coherent and enjoyable whole. He has a say in the script (the amount of say varies, depending on the director's gravitas, the studio, and the terms of his "employment" in that particular film) and he has a say in how the film is shot. If the action is good but the story is ****, it's still the director's "fault" per se, because he should have made more of an effort in getting good output from the writer.

Ang Lee refused six script drafts before he finally decided the Hulk script was how he wanted it. If you like the movie or not is irrelevant, because the point here is that he went to great pains (and inflicted some on the writer, I bet) to get the story the way he wanted it to be.

That's not to say that the writer is just there to write down the director's thoughts, but it's the director's "fault" if the script doesn't work, because the director should have either ordered a new draft or he should have fired his writer.
Tryagain Infinity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a cooperative effort that's for sure. If the movie goes south Bay will be responsible, but I just hope that when people go after Bay they don't let the other members slip by unscarred. Otherwise you invite the potential that they will go off and ruin another movie.
Magnulus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I somewhat agree. For the industry, it's very important to be aware of this because they are the ones HIRING the people. However, the industry should also be very aware of the fact that it's (for example) Mr. Bay who keeps bloody employing those talentless *******.
Trust me, if a writer has a bunch of **** films on his/her resume, that writer will have trouble getting good work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Film Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: