FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
So what do you think?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDay: you rock, dude (^_^)//
AnonT

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing you definitely need to fix is making sure ships don't warp in too close to the Aegis or the player. I just had a very large ship warp in on top of me and kill me before I could get out of it.
Also, you might want to improve the help section for the navigation area. It took a while to figure out how to go from the warp-node view back to the ordinary view, and because I didn't like using that view because it was hard to switch back, it took even longer to figure out how to get from zone to zone. Also, figuring out how to navigate, then back out to change research or development was never explained, and took some expiramentation. Maybe a help file available from within the game would be nice.
DDay

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well thay got intro to that. they tell u that in the intro of the game how to do that. but glich help is what i was taking about
speigel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused
to this note i am going to say
1. i saw it at PA
2. i forgot the rest of the questions

this game, although fun seems to be lacking some elements. i think that the demo should lose its time limit, because from the way it is put, it sounds like the full version offers more ships, techs, enemies and fun. so just let us explore the game unhindered without the full version, then, if we still like it without getting turned of at the fact that the time ran out we can buy it for the slightly overpriced 25$ something. for the calibur of the game though i dont think it should be at 25$, i think a healthy 15$ would be better, some of us are running on a very low budget! anyway the games good, it could use some tweaks but altogether props on the game.
improvius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: So what do you think? Reply with quote

1. Penny-Arcade
2. I was looking for a good old-fashioned shooter-type game for a LAN party I was hosting. I wanted some good 2-D multiplayer action. I wasn't sure if the game was multiplayer, but I tried it out anyway.
3. No multiplayer support.
4. Website seems ok.
5. I had some extra $$ from selling some stuff through paypal, plus I needed a break from Battlefield 1942.

Quite simply, you need to make some sort of multi-player support for this game. It would be some kind of mix between Sinistar and Magic Carpet. Allowing co-op and team games would be just amazing.

-Imp
axegrinder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 10:28 am    Post subject: Yes, but... Reply with quote

Multiplayer Starscape for a LAN party?

Would each person playing be willing to buy their own copy?
zombie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Saw ad on penny arcade and thought "mmmmm shootery"

2. I like shooters alot so as soon as i saw the shiny screenshots i wanted more.

3. I didnt know how large the game would be.

4. Web sites fine... nothing special but it works.

5. Bought it because the demo proved a good shooter.

This game rules.

Weapons are very nice, mining and upgrading creates a good addictive effect, and a shooter with plot?! Its also good that it gets pretty hard, increasing the awesome gameplay even more. Good stuff.

A bit more variation in the fighters instead of linear upgrades would be good. The devastator look gets kinda old but oh well still a good system.
rek075

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Saw it at the games section at Slashdot

2. Was bored one day and it looked like something to goof around on for a few minutes.

3. I could think of better things to spend my money on.

4. I'm satisfied with the website

5. I got addicted to the demo and wanted to play the rest of the game.
ESpark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Saw an ad on Penny Arcade

2. Well, I'm kinda in a between-games period, and I'm saving cash for HL2.

3. Well, a few things, but they fall under the "its not you, its me" kinda deal -

I suck at most games. So once I found out there were no cheats, I said to myself "well, I'm getting my arse kicked in most of the time during the demo, so I doubt I'll be able to go any farther anyways". I know there aint any for a reason, and I think its a good reason, tis merely annoying for me.

That, and I'm one of those luddites that doesnt buy online. If I did, this is one of the first things I'd prolly buy.

4&5. N/A for me

Overall, a solid game. Demo is nice, at least. Smile
mphafner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.Penny Arcade
2. The ad was very interesting. No words and increasing size of ships
3. Biggist complaint The menu system is hard to use, although adding mouse support helps some. It still could use some work. I'd like higher resolution; I don't care about large download size.
4. Web page is fine.
5. I haven't yet. The game play is fun and the demo ends just when I want it not to. The music is great!

Your buying model is the best I've seen for shareware (excellent!!) You can play right away but you also can have a physical CD to keep. I like that.
Stele007

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Banner from Something Awful
2. I usually check out the ads on SA, and this looked pretty decent
3. The game looked good, but I can't get a feel for the game since the time limit cuts me off right. I don't think I can stress how much I hate time limits in demos... Especially since I hate doing the same thing over and over and making only a little progress each time. If you could make a new demo without a time limit... that'd be great (of course, that probably means including less content, but that's fine...)
4. The site looks good... I don't see any problems with it.
5. I haven't bought it yet (I only downloaded it yesterday - what do you expect?) but I'm thinking about it...

-Stele007
JS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Where did you hear about it?
Banner ad on Something Awful

2. Why did you bother downloading?
Big fan of old school (SC:2 aka UrQuan Masters has a permanent and often used shortcut on my desktop)

3. What put you off and stopped you buying?
PayPal. I'm not touching that service with a thousand foot poll. Know of too many first hand accounts of being screwed by it and I'll be damned if they're getting my CC number. If it's a problem for you, can't you get Amazon.com to distribute the CD-ROM or something?

4. Do you think the website could be improved?
While the layout is nice, don't make the forum pop-up in a new window by default. I've got a nice Logitech mouse with web navigation buttons on it, which seem forever tied to the parent window, so I'm stuck using the back and forward buttons in the upper-right hand corner on the forum pages. I've been spoiled by my mouse and having to do that is annoying.

5. Why did you buy it?
Well, if it weren't for PayPal it'd be the addicting nature of the game. Come to think of it, perhaps it's a good thing you're using PayPal afterall...

Edit
Just saw the "ShareIt" payment method. I'm trying to do some digging on it, but with a name like "ShareIt" search engines are throwing up a bunch of junk, so still hesitant.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding PayPal, we have had email from people who don't want to use the service because of things they have heard, and we had also heard stories so we were skeptical for a while. However we like to make our own minds up, and we have been extermely happy with the service they provide. I researched a lot of the problems that people used to have, and they all seem to be related to issues with selling through paypal not with people who just want to buy through them.

It could just be that since eBay took over everything has been sorted out though, all I can say is our experience has been nothing but positive.

Share*It are basically an online card processor ( they work in the same way a merchant account transaction would ), and they also accept a wider range of payment types so they are a good alternative for people who can't use paypal because they don't have a credit card.

I did look into Amazon and also Ebay Shops, but then we got a bit snowed under. I think there may be some issues with them both, but I'll finish researching them when I get the time.
CyberGeist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Where did you hear about it?

I actually heard about it from 8-Bit Theater (www.nuklearpower.com), when Brian put up a huge rant about how much he loved the game.

2. Why did you bother downloading?

See aforementioned rant about how much Brian loved the game... I figured there was no harm in trying the demo.

3. What put you off and stopped you buying?

I'm constantly short on cash, also I very seldom buy games, as I tend to spend what little money I have on food or books (not necessarily in that order).

4. Do you think the website could be improved?

I suppose it could be, probably, but why bother? It looks good, works fine... put your effort into more great games.

5. Why did you buy it?

A few reasons... First of all, the low pricetage helped alot, I really liked the game... it looks simple but with lots of engaging permutations, shooting things is always fun and I like to support independent startup-type companies like yours, and you all sound really friendly (see Brian's aforementioned rant again). So yeah.

good job.
escapedturkey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: So what do you think? Reply with quote

1. Download.com

2. I dig arcade shoot em ups.

3. Doesn't control well with Logitech Rumble Pad. I like to use my two sticks and this game only works well with keyboard. It would better if you made it so there is an option (with dual stick gamepads) to use one stick to aim and go in the direction the stick is pointing, and the other to fire (aka Robotron type controls) - see Mutant Storm by PomPom.

Higher resolution options would be nice. 640x480 doesn't display on the bigger monitors too well.

4. Looks fine.

5. See #3.

If you fix the joystick type controls I'd buy it, looks fun. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: