FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Suggestion: Research and Development
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to look at this from a game designer's perspective.

Protecting the Aegis is an important part of the game, and so with that design goal in mind, the Aegis can never become too powerful, otherwise you'd just drag it around the screen mopping up the Archnid.

Not saying more equipment for the Aegis isn't a bad idea though, just that to do it well really means adding more enemies/ making life harder so the Aegis isn't (relatively) so powerful. Smile
Pkunk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about scavenging new technologies from dead husks of ships and starbases already vanquished by the ennemy ? Technologies the earthlings could improve upon ?

Maybe a space walk to the dead husks ?
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no the Archnid would have striped any such hulk a long time ago
Pkunk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not if the husks were in the danger nodes where the space worms inhabit. The game already says that the ennemy avoids them.

The husks could also be left over from ships that were decimated by worm attacks. Kind of like a cemetary of ships, making it clear to the player how dangerous it is to venture in worm territory.
Darth Dallas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say this, it does sound interesting for a side-type plot development thing with another race native to grid space long thought died out (not unlike the Xen's predicament).

Maybe they've learned to adapt to their enviroment such as it is, living among some of those dead ships.
Piratelord

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of ideas, now that I've almost completed the game. Just got to get rid of the Zone 5 boss.

Aegis needs some better weapons, or just more weapon slots for the weapons currently in place.
It's actually very rare it cannot look after itself, and sometimes I call it to me to give an helping hand or to mine some asteriods quicker.
It's just very strange to me that you can make your ship more powerful then a large station. How comes none of the technology you can research for your ship you can also research for the Station?
Give the station shields research, laser turrets (after researching turret 3) and orbital pods.

This leads nicely to the next point. It'll give more research options. By about zone 3 I already had a deadly devistator ship and I think best weapons going on Aegis. Resources were fairly pointless then. I didn't mine much, just grabbed resources from destroyed ships. Also easy enough to gain resources by scrapping old items in store.

The stores screen is a real pain to use. It would be much better if there was a drop down or something similar to select the category of objects to filter on. Having to scroll up and down a long list to see all the different blasters I have is annoying.

On the ship design screen, there is no need for the modify button, you can make it much smoother by having the info pane display the details of the component your mouse is over, and if you click on the component up pops the modify window.

I've found that the zone 3 boss is more difficult then the zone 4 boss. Getting into the zone 3 boss is annoying, and if it moves, your ship doesn't bounce inside it, but instead passes through it, causing massive damage. Zone 4 boss is just so easy. The guns and the mines caused me no problems (but by then I did have the best tech on my ship). I suggest switching these two bosses.
When you are told about the weaknesses of the bosses, it would be nice if the areas could be shown to you, like circled while briefed.

Aegis should be able to store more then 100 resources. Again, the ship can hold more then the Station! By zone 5, there wasn't much need to gather resources, apart to repair the small amount of damage I/station received.

The characters in the game are a bit lifeless, it get's quite annoying to get the same text displayed each time there is an encounter.
An ingame option that would be neat would be to skip the Aegis screen when you enter/leave an area. It gives me an headache, and also an option to stop the dialogue text appearing slowly. Just give me all the text in one go to read!

At one time, I encountered something weird. My shields were not being displayed and I don't think were being used, but I had more then enough power (about twice as much available compared to what I was using)
I don't remember what the ship config was at the time, as it's been scrapped for a better design, but at the time it had a large variation of weapons.
Flumpaphone

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piratelord wrote:
At one time, I encountered something weird. My shields were not being displayed and I don't think were being used, but I had more then enough power (about twice as much available compared to what I was using)

Was there a Jammer in the zone with you? ( see Jammer section here )

If I remember correctly, JJ or Max explains what Jammers do the first time one appears. Perhaps you skipped the text too fast and went for the kill Wink
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piratelord wrote:
Aegis needs some better weapons, or just more weapon slots for the weapons currently in place.

Hmm, this must be the most requested thing ever! I might start a new thread about this, because I think people use the Aegis in ways that we never thought they would. That's pretty cool, but of course, opens up new questions...

EDIT:

ok, see: http://www.moonpod.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=13342
Piratelord

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flumpaphone wrote:
Piratelord wrote:

Was there a Jammer in the zone with you? ( see Jammer section here )

If I remember correctly, JJ or Max explains what Jammers do the first time one appears. Perhaps you skipped the text too fast and went for the kill Wink

I don't think so. I've encountered lots of those ships and never noticed my shields not working when they are around, or I just hunt them down too fast to notice. It might be the times I've noticed was when things were quiet for a period.
Zone 5 I spend more time hunting down the big swarms then actually mining, so action is a bit intense!
tieron_asaki

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A thought just occurred to me....

The Xenarch give you the Ion weaponry, shots that bounce around like crazy...

What about an Ion shield? that would reflect enemy fire rather than absorb it, still losing energy as it went?
Darth Dallas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, maybe a shield that dies after so many hits against it would be cool like this. I mean, to let it reflect shots back at the enemy as the perk means it'll need some kind of foil to it.

I've been imagining the Aegis defenses to be layered approach, where a few things seem to work all the time, to things that only work as its health dwindles. This refective shield idea sounds perfect for one of the first things to have to be taken down for everything else to have its turn.
tieron_asaki

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my idea was for a quirk in this shield was to be once it went down fully it had to recharge fully before it would reactivate.
hair65

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject: nike shoes and wigs Reply with quote

www.google.com online shopping human hair wigs and nike shoes for discount.wholesale lace front wigs and cheap nike air max shos online.where to buy high quality synthetic wigs and roshe run shoes is a best choice.
human hair wigs
cheap lace front wigs
full lace wigs
lace front wigs
cheap human hair wigs
cheap synthetic wigs
cheap wigs for women
cheap bob wigs
african american wigs cheap
afro wigs cheap
cheap full lace wigs
cheap curly wigs
cheap cosplay wigs
cheap wigs for men
cheap costume wigs
cheap hair extensions

cheap nike shoes
nike air max
nike air max 90
nike air max 90 womens white
white roshes mens
roshes women
cheap air max 90
air max 270 mens
nike air max 1 mens
cheap nikes online
nike sb janoski
nike skateboarding shoes
nike air force one men
nike air force 1 low
black huaraches
nike huarache women
air max 270
air max sale
nike air max sale
air jordan 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: