FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Serenity
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Film Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go tonight to see films with 3 friends and iss my time to pick film. Horra!

It is the choice between ""Serenity"" (I do not even hear about this film except because of moonpod here) and ""History of Violence"".

Will let you know what I see!
OvermindDL1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 9 minute trailer works, in IE it uses activeX, in Firefox/Opera it uses java, that long pause at the end where it seems to lock up is it downloading the video in full, so if you have a slow connection give it time, if yours is fast like mine it takes all of 40 seconds.
ragnarok

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a very good movie. It felt a little rushed, and I think it probably was. that was probably like an entire year of plot for the tv series pushed into a 2 hour movie.

also, firefly/serenity is worth it just to look at jewel straite (that kaylie engineer chick) damn that girl looks good.
Japlish

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou for the tip to see this:) It was really different because the people in it were meaner than usual (I mean, that is good). Even my 2 friends who would not see scifi by choice thought it very very good (They tried to cinvince me to watch Pride&Prejudice, but I stood my ground Smile )
HunterXI

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit late, I know, but if you have any interest in Scifi WHATSOEVER, you absolutely must go see Serenity. I saw it 2 weeks ago, and I'm still ranting about how good it is.
Lothar
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd never seen Firefly, but watched Serenity based on the recommendations I got from others. I watched it twice.

The only other movie I've *ever* watched twice in the theater was Return of the King. So, consider that high praise...
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took my wife to see it the other day, since we've been working our way through the Firefly episodes and enjoying them. Interestingly, one of my old work colleagues was there, but I noticed him leaving half way through.

Later he said he said it just seemed rubbish so he left. I can understand that too - he'd never seen anything of the series, so he thought the whole thing was too unsubtle. He'd also reached the point with Mr Universe, who must rank as one of the all time worst sci-fi characters ever.

Come to think of it -the film has lots of problems: it reeks of tv in places, there's some atrocious new characters added (the aforementioned 'Mr Universe'), some of the bad guys appear to be men with bits of bacon strapped to their faces, and the hillbilly music is probably a little odd if you haven't seen the tv series.

Still, I loved it, and I left both screenings with that sad feeling you get at the end of any good book or film - said because you won't see any more of it.
Magnulus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to the premiere in Norway. A friend of mine got me hooked some months ago, and I've been craving the film since. Should be fun.

And NO SOUND IN SPACE! YAY!
Magnulus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, so there WAS sound in space... That bit disappointed me slightly, but the rest was so awesome!

Thought I'd post a comment here just to say that I am currently in the process of converting all my episodes to iPod format to put on my trusty new 60GB. *squee!*

Of course, I HAVE the DVD box, but this is just too awesome not to do.
jollyreaper

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serenity kicked butt. Fox cancels all the good shows. Keen Eddie, Profit, Family Guy, etc. I loved the stinger on the first post-cancellation family guy. "Bad news, Fox cancelled us! They want to make way for new shows like [huge list of all the post-family guy shows Fox cancelled.] If all those shows get canned, we might just have a chance!" HA!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Film Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: