FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Mr Robot Mousemats
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Mr.Robot View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow... this is a really cool mousepad. The pictures don't do it justice. Very nice detail on the graphics...

My wife is taking hers to work in the morning.
Ripdog

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Wow! Are they for sale? I NEED one. Shocked
Dove
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a belated thanks for the mousepad... you know, the extremely cool limited edition mouse pad you guys sent me as a surprise. I took it to work with me, and proudly use it every day. It really does look cool--stands out on the desk very nicely. Thanks!!!

-Dove
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested to know if anyone has ever ordered a mousemat by mail - and what packaging it comes in.

My current techinique involves bubblewrap, a fllatened cardboard box, and half a roll of packing tape. Smile

The funny thing is - it costs more to send internationally than it does to make them Sad I think if we ever sold them, we'd probably break even at $15 - sounds way steep to me - although I haven't looked into what mouspads go for on the net...

Last edited by Fost on Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rup

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
The funny thing is - it costs more to send internationally than it does to make them Sad I think if we ever sold them, we'd probably break even at $15 - sounds way steep to me - although I haven't looked into what mouspads go for on the net...

I had a quickgoogle and found some for about 7 to the UK or 9 internationally, so I guess that's about right.

But if you're already posting stuff, e.g. the Mr Robot CD set, that'll cover most of the postage? You need a "Yes! sell me a mousemat too!" checkbox on the order page Smile
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rup wrote:
But if you're already posting stuff, e.g. the Mr Robot CD set, that'll cover most of the postage?

The problem is the packaging ends up weighing more than the whole thing - we actually found that mail bags, with losts of bubblewrap make for the best post packs (tried heavy weight dvd mailers for a while, but they are prone to other packages 'stabbing' them - very surprising), but yeah - maybe a special edition with a new mousepad design would be ok - I still think it might be tough to get it down to the +$10 mark.

You are talking about $8 just to mail it Sad We aren't actually trying to make a profit here - we'd do it for cost if it was bundled with a game - it just seems like it's still a little expensive. currently we do cafe press merchandise, with a tiny profit on each product - essentially just to cover the costs of keeping the shop open. If I could come up with a lightweight mailer and get more mats made in bulk, then we might be able to do something a bit cheaper - although I suppose $15 is comparable to cafepress once they add postage on, I'd still tp try and reduce it a little.
Darth Dallas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still want to get a Starscape and/or Mr. Robot bandana. They'd look nice alongside my Full Throttle one that I got pins and such displayed. That's another thing, you guys need pins Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Mr.Robot All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: