FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Recycling in the dark?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Recycling in the dark? Reply with quote

The 'stores' screen would really benefit from a total of current minerals, as well as an approximation of what something will break down into when recycled. I'm thinking something along the lines of a re-coloured #of enemies nav blip -- one for each mineral -- next to the individual items.

On a related note, an indication of what resources a project will consume - always next to the minerals would be nice as well.

I'll put up some pictures in a bit.

Smile
WolfJaguar

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it rather annoying if I was wasting minerals during recycling, so I got into the habit of checking the R&D screen every so often.
Adonis

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually check R&D too, but having minerals in stores would be nice (and it would only make sense too Wink )

Ugly job with it I know, but it works.

The red bars next to the current minerals are what's required for the current project (the '+' one the purple meaning more than 100, 0 on the green meaning, well zero). It would be nice if the red bars would be there on the fighting screen too (so I know when to quit mining and go back and research/build more)

You have to wonder, with all the control you have over things in this game, what to build, where to go etc.. what does the captain actually do? Razz
WolfJaguar

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Captain? I'm the damn captain, she just doesn't know it yet. I'm slowly but surely gaining the confidence of the crew. Muwahahahahaha!

Anyways. Good ideas, maybe something they can implement in a patch, but doubtful. Considering the game was feature complete some time ago Smile

It would be nice. Hey devs, what do you think? Smile

Nice try with the photoshoping, if you had PS 7 you could use the heal feature to blend things more clearly.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good idea and it clearly works, fairly large modification to do in a patch though. Currently we are tied up doing a foreign language version for our Russian publisher (hurrah for publishers).

Plus, it isn't like this is a bug, in which case we would move to patch fix it as soon as humanly possible. It's a good idea that would ease the process of managing resources, you would save a few wasted gems and save swapping between stores and r+d quite so much.

So i'm not sure it really warrants a major game modification, such things take a lot of time to do and need a lot of testing if they aren't to introduce bugs. That takes time away from working on the next project. It's a big ballancing act really, how much would it really improve the game (although it's definitely a good idea), how long would it take to implement, how much testing would be needed, etc. Confused
WolfJaguar

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe me I understand, my cousin works for EA and I've been doing dev work for Blizzard for the past couple years.

Just to clarify I didn't mean a bug fix patch, I meant revision patch, as in, feature patch Smile

Generally these are hard to produce under any circumstances, the finacial and personal time put into the various points are sadly fairly high even for something that seems so simple.

But still, something nice to be able to do. Perhaps something to think about for the sequel(oh please oh please oh please) ;-P
Adonis

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Nice try with the photoshoping, if you had PS 7 you could use the heal feature to blend things more clearly.

Oh I do. That's but that's just a quick cut and paste job so you know what I'm talking about. Smile

If you want to see some of my more "finished work" (completely and totally unrelated to Starscape) go here Very Happy

I'm using the same name, so I should be easy to find. (were it not for the fact there's 380 messages in that thread)

[/url]
WolfJaguar

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cools. I used to work for Adobe as tech support so I got my hands on all their stuff for free(legally of course I worked there and they handed it to me).

I still get free upgrades.

Training is as training does. I got really into photoshop and illustrator. Not to mention Acrobat.
hair65

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject: nike shoes and wigs Reply with quote

www.google.com online shopping human hair wigs and nike shoes for discount.wholesale lace front wigs and cheap nike air max shos online.where to buy high quality synthetic wigs and roshe run shoes is a best choice.
human hair wigs
cheap lace front wigs
full lace wigs
lace front wigs
cheap human hair wigs
cheap synthetic wigs
cheap wigs for women
cheap bob wigs
african american wigs cheap
afro wigs cheap
cheap full lace wigs
cheap curly wigs
cheap cosplay wigs
cheap wigs for men
cheap costume wigs
cheap hair extensions

cheap nike shoes
nike air max
nike air max 90
nike air max 90 womens white
white roshes mens
roshes women
cheap air max 90
air max 270 mens
nike air max 1 mens
cheap nikes online
nike sb janoski
nike skateboarding shoes
nike air force one men
nike air force 1 low
black huaraches
nike huarache women
air max 270
air max sale
nike air max sale
air jordan 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: