FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Apology towards MoonPod
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> General View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject: Apology towards MoonPod Reply with quote

Hello everyone at MoonPod and fellow* community members.

Regardless of MoonPod being rather passive in terms of forum usage, I'd still like to say my word and present my apologies towards MoonPod, as well as some community members that had to deal with my ignorance 10 years ago.

It's about this topic of me posting an issue about my Starscape copy, which I presumably obtained through illegal means, thus pirated.

There are no words that can describe how mindless, ignorant and annoying I was back in 2005.
After reading what I wrote in that topic, I figuratively (if not literally) burnt half of my eyes away.

However, let me explain my situation.
During that time, I was obviously a kid with bad English vocabulary and grammar, a temper and I was downright poor.
My brother and uncle both were way more proficient in hard- and software, meaning I had to get my information and games from them.

This resulted into an introduction to piracy of which you don't know the consequences yet if you're a kid.
After all, it's hard to explain it to someone that turns off half his brain in order to utilise his other half to play videogames with all his attention.

Either way, time has passed, it was 10 years ago and people move on with their lives.
In the meantime I've learned from my mistakes, bought Starscape** and still love it after all these years, became an artist, working my way towards the game industry and even became friends with several game studios, occasionally inviting me for playtests.

The past few years has made me more aware of how piracy can affect creators, which made me decide not to pirate games any longer, especially if I'm about to walk the same path as said creators.

Last but not least, as for the people I (might have) bothered in the past and wasted their precious time, I'd like to say Sorry! to the following people:

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
That is, if you guys are still alive and kicking.

* I never really considered myself a part of this community, since it was rather.. short lived.
** A long time ago, I don't play it anymore, but it's part of my gaming youth!
    Weeble
    Starscape Jedi
    Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks for writing this. I must admit that I don't remember whatever you said on MSN. I will certainly accept your apology to me. I'm glad things sound like they're going better for you now. Good luck in the games industry.

I read this recently, which is quite a humanising account of piracy and poverty. http://boingboing.net/2015/08/16/piracy-gave-me-a-future.html I really like a lot of the recent articles on Offworld.
    Craven

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weeble wrote:
    Wow, thanks for writing this. I must admit that I don't remember whatever you said on MSN. I will certainly accept your apology to me. I'm glad things sound like they're going better for you now. Good luck in the games industry.

I read this recently, which is quite a humanising account of piracy and poverty. http://boingboing.net/2015/08/16/piracy-gave-me-a-future.html I really like a lot of the recent articles on Offworld.

Interesting read indeed, it's somewhat similar to what I've experienced in the past.
    Jealousy, stealing, piracy, yet all helped me realise what harm it could cause to the victims I made.

However, the results of piracy haven't reached my mind until I gotten myself more involved with the games industry, in which students, developers and studios alike all told me similar stories.
    It's their creation and in turn the bread on their plate.

Frankly, I don't know what I said to you either, must have been something completely out of place.
    But what's in the past is in the past and I can't reverse time, all I can say it made me extremely nervous being confronted by you guys and bailed out. Rolling Eyes
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: