FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Portal 2 is half off on steam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Portal 2 is half off on steam Reply with quote

GOGOGOGOGOGOGO

Oh wait, everyone SHOULD have this game already. Oh well, carry on then.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one, I was waiting for that (I'm a poor student now you know!).

Holy Batmans Ghost - it's 11Gig, that will take 6.5 hours to download!!!

<sigh>
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: Portal 2 is half off on steam Reply with quote

Johnh wrote:
Oh wait, everyone SHOULD have this game already. Oh well, carry on then.

^ That.
Poo Bear wrote:
Holy Batmans Ghost - it's 11Gig, that will take 6.5 hours to download!!!

I don't know about you, but I'm a lot less concerned with time, and more with the amount. For $60 a month (that's about 38 pounds for those of you playing at home, if that home is in England), I can download 60 gigabytes a month. Well, that's actually combined downloads and uploads. If I go over that, I get slowed down to dialup speed (which I currently am).

Yay Australia.
Slyh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poo Bear wrote:
Nice one, I was waiting for that.

Why? You live in the UK. You have amazon.co.uk and play.com. I bought Portal 2 from play.com two months ago for 16.50 Euros (around 14.50), including shipping. (amazon.de and Steam: 30 Euros) And you can install it from DVD directly. :)

Poo Bear wrote:
(I'm a poor student now you know!)

What are you studying?
Slyh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Portal 2 is half off on steam Reply with quote

Konedima wrote:
For $60 a month (that's about 38 pounds for those of you playing at home, if that home is in England), I can download 60 gigabytes a month.

35 Euros a month for unlimited traffic, 50 Mbit/s, including a telephone flat rate.
Na, na, na, na. ;-)
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download limits - good point, I only have 25Gig a month and the whole family seemed to have stopped watching the TV in favour of watching streamed TV/radio instead. Means you spend a lot less time watching rubbish and just focus on a few good shows instead. Destroys my download limit though.

What didn't you get it Amazon/Play - because you never mentioned it and I never noticed, doh! Smile

What are you studying - teaching, I went indie to do something creative where I wasn't just lining the pockets of some faceless rich shareholder. It's proving a bit unpredictable though, so I figure if I get some regular teaching work I can take the pressure off financially and still meet that original goal. Hopefully in computer studies, but general IT or maths is also possible. Plus, I get a nice long summer holiday to work on game development Wink
Chrisj

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, bandwidth limits? In this day and age?

I take it your current ISP is at least dirt cheap; if not you should really consider changing to a decent one! (I use - and am a big fan of - BE internet; their 'value' offering is 12Mb/s with no usage cap.)
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I think I may be getting a raw deal (plusnet 21 a month).
Chrisj

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch. Yes; BE charge 17 per month for the value package (and there's no setup or installation charge). They're currently doing an "invite a friend" thing where both inviter and invitee get 15 off their next bill, so give me a shout if you're interested.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: