FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
What's next for Moonpod?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Independent Game Development View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anything else in the works?
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's taking far too long <sigh> but another game is under way. I lost my main programmer and artist <tearful>, hence the glacial pace.

Game 4 is still in early prototyping currently, I'm planning to get people to play test the prototypes once they start to resemble a game though Wink
colinvella

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you mentioned an RPG once. So what's it gonna be? Smile
Slyh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poo Bear wrote:
I'm planning to get people to play test the prototypes

Any volunteers needed? :)
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play testers will be invited from here as usual.

I did do some prototyping work on an RPG, I was hoping to use some off-the-shelf editor/tools to help out, as RPGs are notoriously big projects. I wasn't too impressed with the tools I looked at. RPGMaker was about the best, in terms of indies making successful commercial games, but it was a bit limited and unsupported. I shelved that idea, I'll have to roll my own tools on that project I think. Although, it did introduce me to Ruby, which I think is an amazing scripting language, not as fast as Lua, but much more productive.

So instead I'm working on a spooky themed strategy type game - it's a mixture of board game, card game, tower defence(ish) type of thing. The player creates a deck that represents his team of supernatural investigators, you get called to a town in trouble and have to take on the EVIL and get to the bottom of what's going on, classic ghost story style.
Yaiba

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poo Bear wrote:
Play testers will be invited from here as usual.

I did do some prototyping work on an RPG, I was hoping to use some off-the-shelf editor/tools to help out, as RPGs are notoriously big projects. I wasn't too impressed with the tools I looked at. RPGMaker was about the best, in terms of indies making successful commercial games, but it was a bit limited and unsupported. I shelved that idea, I'll have to roll my own tools on that project I think. Although, it did introduce me to Ruby, which I think is an amazing scripting language, not as fast as Lua, but much more productive.

So instead I'm working on a spooky themed strategy type game - it's a mixture of board game, card game, tower defence(ish) type of thing. The player creates a deck that represents his team of supernatural investigators, you get called to a town in trouble and have to take on the EVIL and get to the bottom of what's going on, classic ghost story style.

Seems interesting, I'll try and buy it if it ever comes out
Good luck and if there's something the team needs, I'm sure someone here will be able to provide help ^^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Independent Game Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: