FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Lets Play - MrRobot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Mr.Robot View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Lets Play - MrRobot Reply with quote

I never noticed these before, someone narrates what looks like it could be an entire play through of the game! I wish I had about 20 of these, plus the money to hold back release and fix every little design misfire you see the player encounter. Great stuff.

Slyh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice walkthrough. I like his "well, let's just play the game and see how it works out"-approach. :-) He really seems to enjoy the game, too.
It's kind of sad to see that Mr.Robot did not get the kind of attention/sale it deserved, really. Great game in my opinion, though I may be biased. :)
(Maybe 2-3 months of work to eliminate some of the flaws would have helped. :-))

I'm wondering right know if it would do well as an iPad/tablet version. It's more or less a classical puzzle game, which are quite popular on those devices.
Using some kind of joystick-like control schema on the touch screen may work even better than the controls on the PC version, which had this slightly confusing-at-first cursor controls, where you go diagonally instead of straight.
Slyh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and he totally pronounced all 3 of my names wrong. Sad
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, its very interesting to watch, there are a lot of issues where I think 'if that was improved it would be awesome!' Smile All beta testers should have fraps and a microphone, it would make beta testing even more valuable.

Although at some levels I think this will always be a very niche game, you could ease the isometric camera pain by modelling backs on everything and letting you flick to side/overhead/free views. However, I don't think that would open up the game to a much bigger audience, it would definitely be better, but its still fundamentally an isometric super-old-school kind-of game and I just don't think a large audience are going to accept that. Also, re-imagining classic rpg ideas within the computer hacking theme just makes for non-intuitive terminology, this guy is a network admin by day and a pro-gamer by night, so he gets all the terminology and can easily map it into his rpg experience and so 'just gets it', but it still took a while.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Mr.Robot All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: