FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Game backgrounds
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Game backgrounds Reply with quote

I need a little help 'ere.
Nice game and all... etc...
I managed to extract the *.000 files with a python 30-min made uncompressor, however, i still need to know sth: How are the game's backgrounds (Aegis' interior with it's chars and it's animations) named?
I was wondering if I can edit them with Photoshop or sth alike to print out, and train my drawing with the characters. I like that kind of drawing. Smile
Thanks, in advance.
PS.: What programs open spr files? Embarassed
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.SPR is our internal format. We don't have any program to extract sprs since we have the original files we don't need one.
BuIlDaLiBlE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you extract .000 files? Can you send the extractor you made? If you still have it of course, this topic is so old...
Rup

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How did you extract .000 files?

Wow, that takes me back! I don't know where my old extractor is, but it was a fairly straightforward file format: the only trick was that the content length was stored as odd/even flag then half length. So at first glance it's something like

* 'MOON' signature
* 14 bytes of 0 (?)
* length % 2 (32-bit little-endian int)
* length / 2 (32-bit LE)
* filename length (32-bit LE)
* filename (filename length bytes, not zero terminated)
* data (length bytes)

then back to the next MOON signature. I don't remember if there was ever anything in the blank section at the start sorry.

That's not the whole story though: some of the text files are obfuscated. We've been asked to not share the obfuscation scheme here in the past so I won't sorry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: