FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
50 Really Good Indie Games
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Moonpod News View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: 50 Really Good Indie Games

In part 2 of TIG Source's Guide to Independent Games, Derek Yu lists 50 Really good Indie Games. Well worth a look and we are happy to see Mr. Robot make the list in such illustrious company.
GameJenny

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! 50 really good games indeed.
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwarf fortress number 4. Hells yeah!
codergames

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the games that are not free are $20, so why am I getting serious harassment and insults from people saying my game, which is $15, is expensive? Plus my game looks better and its fun to play.
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

codergames wrote:
Most of the games that are not free are $20, so why am I getting serious harassment and insults from people saying my game, which is $15, is expensive? Plus my game looks better and its fun to play.

Firstly, I don't think your the most neutral person available to judge your game - leave that to people who didn't make it (incedentally, War Pong is the best game ever!). Not that I've bought the full version of your game (I'm waaaaaaaaaay too broke) but from what I've played of the demo, the games in that list have a lot more value for their price (and yes I'm saying that I think your game is overpriced - I'd probably pay $5 for it at most).
codergames

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reduced price to $9. I can't really reduce to $5, I'd be so down, the next game, if it ever gets finished, would be a result of suicidal depression and it would be more than obvious.
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't feel so down, $5 is just what I'd pay - but I'm not a big shump fan (or a small shump fan, or any kind of shump fan), so someone who likes that type of game would almost certainly pay more.

Of course, if you must be so down, work with it! I've seen brilliant games with a really depressing atmosphere.

Last edited by Konedima on Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
codergames

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually seeing more $9 dollar games now. I think I'm actualy much more likely to buy a $9 dollar game than a $20 dollar one.

I don't think $5 dollars is a good idea though. Unless It's a microgame, or mobile App, or something.
codergames

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sales did not improve, maybe its early, seems like people who were arguing about the price still haven't read about it. I could write a script gathering emails stored in db, from people who contacted me, and bulk email them with the info, but that might be too aggressive.

I know people expect to get it for free or 1 cent - 1 buck, but if the sales are not bringing enough money to continue the development of the next game, I'd rather spend time doing something else that does.
codergames

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually lost money, some of people who read the news requested a refund.
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

codergames wrote:
I actually lost money, some of people who read the news requested a refund.

And you're entirely within your rights not to give them one - if I buy something in a store then two days later see that it's on special, I don't go in demanding a refund. I only know about Australian consumer law, but I highly doubt there's a law anywhere which forces you to give refunds (or partial refunds) just because someone bought something, and then you put it on special.

What I'd do is promise them a discount on your next game - which will make them more likely to buy it and give you even more money Very Happy.

And yes, give it a bit more time on special. If you email everybody who's complained about the high price once, I wouldn't call that aggressive - it shows they're interested in buying the game, and there's a good chance they will at a lower price.
codergames

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fault, its me who offered either partial refund or next game prepaid ... whatever. I'm not looking to make big money, just enough to continue making next game. If the work you like brings some security, the end result will be great.
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

codergames wrote:
If the work you like brings some security, the end result will be great.

Or as long as you can pay the bills some other way, you could always do it because it's fun - that's always good, too.
codergames

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but I was hoping to fully dedicate to game development, because it is fun, more fun than custom programming and similar, business oriented serious software development.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Moonpod News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: