Joined: 04 Oct 2009
|Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:58 pm Post subject: Various Mr. Robot bugs and suggestions
|I'm posting this here, but it isn't really a support request. I just couldn't find a bugs/suggestions forum and didn't want to spam the gameplay forum with it.
I bought Mr. Robot with the Indie Games package on Steam a couple of weeks ago and completed it back then. I didn't get around to actually posting it until now, with the downside that I can't remember every detail anymore. Nevertheless, I wanted to post this instead of throwing it away, maybe there are one of two things in there which are helpful to you.
1. Leaving the room where Zelda 'dies' to the lower left, then reentering makes her reappear, but the evil robot will no longer attack her and you can't interact with her either.
2. The room where you have to place three blocks on three buttons in a very confined space: after resetting it, I had only two blocks (leaving the room and reentering fixed it).
3. [z1r45] When Raistlin dies in the room with the four robots: you're both in crane-mode and moving around at the same time. Also, is the game supposed to go on in that case?
4. Also, Raistlin says "get him", although there are four of them.
5. Asimov's "Minor Status Boost" program sometimes works only on one target. Zelda's "Minor Re-Energize" has the same problem. However, they do seem to allow targeting a non-existant fourth party member. It is possible to select a target with the keyboard, just the mouse doesn't register when hovering over another character.
6. [z1r22] I once fought a fire scrambler, an adult scrambler and a grub scrambler with Asimov, Zelda and Raistlin in some evil robot's brain. I think Asimov and Zelda were initially 'sleeping', I took a few hits. When it came to my turn, the menu just didn't show up. The game didn't freeze completely, the characters and the background were still moving. I tried every key on my keyboard and clicked pretty much everywhere, but the only one that still worked was ESC to go back to the main menu. Strangely, I couldn't even reset to the last waypoint there. This then happened again right away. Same root, same bot (or his brother).
So I gave up hacking in this room, I really couldn't be bothered to do all that stuff a third time.
It also happened to me at a regular terminal. It definitely seems to be related to your team sleeping at the beginning.
However, it seemed to happen less and less in later stages of the game. I had it maybe 5-10 times total. A few more and I would've probably given up on Mr. Robot, because it's very annoying when you have to start over from an old savegame for no particular reason.
Here's a zip file with four screenshots of these situations (not that they show anything useful).
7. [mindr1] typo: "once you've X, you'll found Y" (should be: "find")
8. 2-digit hit numbers ("hit -10") can't be seen for the lower right enemy spot.
9. Why is it impossible to see the order of attack? I don't see a balancing reason for not showing this, but it would allow much more strategical fights.
10. Why is the stats bonus not counting for support-extreme?
11. I wish there was a button to just make your whole party use their ICE breakers on a random enemy. When cleaning up the rests, it's kinda annoying to have to do that manually.
Again, I completed Mr. Robot (and enjoyed it!) so I don't really need any immediate fixes or workarounds. Sorry for not taking notes of the room IDs on the earlier rooms. It took a while until I figured out they were there.
If you have questions, feel free to ask, although I'm afraid I might not remember...