FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
A Question of forum usernames
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> General View previous topic :: View next topic  

Poll Result
  Name change for Konedima?  

Sure, why not?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't think so.
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 1  

Author
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: A Question of forum usernames Reply with quote

Anyone who doesn't know me on these forums, you're exused now.

Everyone else... I'm looking for a little advice here.
You may know me as Konedima, and I registered on these forums... well, it's years ago now. If you're curious how I got the name, it's the name I used for my character in mt favourite RPG of that time... Tibia, if you're curious (it used to be alright, but these days it sucks). The thing is, I haven't played that in ages, I'm a WoW player now. In fact, pretty much the only places I still use the name Konedima is on my Sourceforge account and here.

Everywhere else, and I mean everywhere, (here are some examples), I use the name Slashee the Cow (seeing that my main WoW character is a tauren named Slashee... and that capital C isn't a typo).

I'll get to my question now: do you think it's appropriate to change your (or mine, I guess) account name on a forum where you (I) already have an established identity?
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I would. It even freaks me out if someone signs up with the same avatar image as long time members. Name + picture + message history = identity.
Slyh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do as you feel.

If you don't know what your feelings are right now then ask yourself this question: Would you be disappointed if the poll's result would indicate that you should not change the name here? If yes, then change it. Leave it otherwise.

This usually worked for me in situation like this.
If this does not work for you, then I'll vote. :)
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is the only place i use Icarus anymore. I use my pen name when publishing art and Nsheppard or NatAS for any identity i want to be ascoceated with me in real life.
Back when i was 14 i used names that (i thought) sounded cool such as blackdragon shadowknife Icarus and dalilad.
The moonpod forms is the only one i still visit. I got banned from some, got bored and left others, and the rest just died (which the moonpod forms would have done long ago were it not for my trolling)
Now when i want to act like a 14 year old i go to 4chan and leave any kind of ego behind. Only icarus remains.

A smiling redhed girl in a tank top ready to unleash poorly spelt wrath on anyone who takes a game to seriously (even her own creator when he gets buthurt over the deus ex and Xcom franchises)

Point is net identities are individuals seperate from the real humans behind the computer. They exist somewhere in the void between the real and virtual worlds. Shaped by our subconchious minds applying emotions to the emotonless meidum of text.

If i changed my avatar and used a dictonary would i still be icarus? Even if i contined to bash "simplicity" in games and worship deus ex?

TL;DR: what poo bear said.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: