FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Can't Research tier 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Can't Research tier 2 Reply with quote

Hi. I've just started to play this game (I bought it after I player Mr. Robot) and I've killed the boss in Zone 1. I've now travelled to zone 2 but the research button is still greyed out (I've met the aliens there who give you the ion lasers).

My understanding was that in normal mode you unlocked a new tier in each zone but it's frustrating to try to kill the enemies in that zone with everything on level one (bar blasters and station turrets which I was able to research to lvl 2).

I didn't know if it was a bug not giving me the next tech or I'd missed something.

Any help would be appreciated.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got enough of all three resources? That shouldn't make the resource button grey out though, but worth a try.

Are you playing it on easy, normal or hard. On easy all non weapon research should be available.

Playing on normal you should still be able to research things like lvl2 engines and such even in the first zone.
Carnivalius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I could only research blasters lvl 2 and station turret lvl 2 and then it greyed out. No I had plenty of resources. I'm playing on Normal.

I found that after killing the boss on zone 2 it will let me research up to lvl 2 on the other items now (and lvl 3 blasters). So I'm assuming next tech (level 3) will unlock after defeating zone 3's boss.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like you're playing on hard difficulty - at least you'll get your money's worth out of it Smile
Carnivalius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. I did wonder. Makes sense being on Hard (I just played it at the default it selected). It's not "too" bad, just the odd bit that I keep exploding on a couple of times.

Good fun though!
Amy35

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super good fun! And Mr. Robot also! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: