FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
bit of a problem with Z1R42
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Mr. Robot Support View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: bit of a problem with Z1R42 Reply with quote

i've got a bit of a problem in Z1R42,

having got to the room and started to do the puzzle but then noticing I was low on lives so went and used the save point in the room.

the problem is that I realised that I'd messed up the puzzle but if I reset the room then the low movable block on the island to the right of the starting point vanishes and hence prevents me from completing the room.

and nor does killing myself or resetting to the way point help as they are mid screwed up puzzle

help?

before reset

after reset

I'm running the steam verison if that makes any difference
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's lovely. Saving and resetting in that room works perfectly in all my tests. Thanks to your pictures I had the clue I needed. When you saved the game, the robot in the top right was stood over the default starting position of the missing crate. So when you reset to last save the robots got loaded in first, then it tried to load the crates - oops - there's a robot in the way and robots are important so they overrule crates, so lets just get rid of the crate. Bang - broken room.

Interesting how these things go through hundreds of hours of testing but it just takes 2 or 3 rare events to coincide and there you go.

Valve have a new version that should fix it and hopefully not break anything else. Not sure when they'll release it.

The good news is it doesn't matter Smile

You don't actually need to solve that room, you could finish the game fine without it. If you're a completionist then wait for valve.

p.s. in picture 1 the room was still solvable - doh!
hereticandy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, thank you.

i had thought i might be able to solve the room anyway

and away to try!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Mr. Robot Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: