FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Game Controllers!?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Game Controllers!? Reply with quote

I like to use a game controller when I play Starscape

I normally use my PS2 controller or PS2 style type controller (a logitech), or my wireless 360 controller, man do I love playing PC games with that controller!

but the hole reason I bring this up and what keeps me in the corner of my room crying Crying or Very sad is... the game don't seem to take full use of the Axis of anyone of my controllers making it almost imposable to control a ship (as in the sensitivity of the axis just barely taping it is full power), it would be also nice if I could use my 360 controller with the Z - Axis(cant even use it as a button or to control the ship thrust), it would be still playable at lest if I was even able to just use the D-Pad, the only way I can use it is by setting my PS2 style logitech controller and change modes on it to switch the Axis with my d-pad, sadly I cant do this on my 360 controller Shocked

It would be really nice, if this could be fixed! if not o well i don't even see the point in having the option to use a controller than Wink maybe later on you could even add rumble feature into the game.

I wonder how many people would love to be able to setup the game full screen and use a wireless controller like the 360 controller and play the game Cool and have full x,y axis working how it should maybe even z witch would be TL, and TR buttons on a 360 controller witch also register as z-axis.
SethP

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... I believe this is an artifact which comes from the fact that keyboard buttons are "on" and "off" with no in-between state. If you press the arrow keys you get full thrust, so if you put the thumbstick into a "non-off" state, it's treated like pressing a key, and thus you get full thrust. I don't know if there's any mechanism for partial thrust already, or if it would have to be added.

Poo Bear can speak with more authority when he gets back, but in the meantime you might try fiddling with the dead zone on your controller so that you have to move the thumbstick a lot more before the controller considers it to leave the "off" state. That would make the controls not quite so twitchy, at least.
Dv2236

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the hole point in this topic to see if they can maybe add in axis support and rotation, like instead of duple tapping the axis up for boost make it so you can just barely tap it for normal and all the way for boost or have the option for it. I think that would be just awesome.

I know all about the dead zone I tested it before making this topic but its just best if I stick with my logitech and use the mode it has to change axis with d-pad. use of the axis as it is now is just to slow of a reaction time to play how it should/could be

this is manly just a idea. I think a dam good 1 and hop to maybe get some support on this, and maybe even get it to happen.
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the sick twisted world of Konedima:
Dv2236 wrote:
I like to use a game controller when I play Starscape.

I normally use my PS2 controller or PS2 style controller (a Logitech), or my wireless 360 controller, man I do love playing PC games with that controller!

But the whole reason I bring this up and what keeps me in the corner of my room crying is... the game don't seem to take full use of the axis of any of my controllers making it almost impossible to control a ship (as in the sensitivity of the axis just barely taping it is full power), it would be also nice if I could use my 360 controller with the Z-axis (cant even use it as a button or to control the ship thrust), it would be still playable at least if I was even able to just use the D-pad, the only way I can use it is by setting my PS2 style Logitech controller and change modes on it to switch the axis with my D-pad, sadly I can't do this on my 360 controller.

It would be really nice if this could be fixed. If not oh well I don't even see the point in having the option to use a controller then. Maybe later on you could even add a rumble feature into the game.

I wonder how many people would love to be able to setup the game full screen and use a wireless controller like the 360 controller, play the game and have the full X, Y axes working how it should, maybe even Z which would be TL, and TR buttons on a 360 controller which also register as Z-axis.

Dv2236 wrote:
That is the whole point in this topic to see if they could maybe add axis support and rotation, instead of double tapping the axis up for boost make it so you can just barely tap it for normal and all the way for boost or have the option for it. I think that would be just awesome.

I know all about the dead zone I tested it before making this topic but its just best if I stick with my Logitech and use the mode it has to change axis with d-pad. Use of the axis as it is now is just too slow of a reaction time to play how it should/could be.

This is manly just a idea. I think a damn good one and hope to maybe get some support on this, and maybe even get it to happen.

Standard disclaimer: especially when "correcting" longer posts, my style, while gramatically correct, may not be the only style which is, so don't blame me if you'd edit it differently.
To answer your question, as Seth said Poo Bear is the ultimate authority on these matters but personally I don't think it's very likely it would be updated to add new features like this. Considering its age (and the fact that they're busy working on a new game), I can only see a patch for Starscape being released if a major bug comes up, and I doubt they'd add anything new. You never know, though.

Personally, while I can see why you might want to play with a controller, I don't think analog control would work very well. To be fair I'm probably a bit biased since I'm a PC gaming nut, but the ship control in Starscape just seems built for digital controls.
Dv2236

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing ya I have some bad grammar, you will have your work cut out for you Embarassed

No need to edit my post you done let the cat out of the bag Wink
SethP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dv2236 wrote:
Laughing ya I have some bad grammar, you will have your work cut out for you Embarassed

No need to edit my post you done let the cat out of the bag Wink

Yeah, it's what Konedima does. It's why he gets the cool lego policeman logo.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're a bit busy on the current game at the minute, but I'll add it to the wishlist and we'll look at it for an update. I use a X360 pad all the time so I get what you're saying.
D1398342003

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be nice if the control style was changed so that pushing the stick left made the ship move left, instead of making it turn left. That way you could push the stick in the direction that you wanted to go, and sensitivity would be less of an issue.

You could also add a turbo/afterburner button for gamepads, maybe a trigger or the one under the analoge sticks. (on the xBox controls at least)
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1398342003 wrote:
It might be nice if the control style was changed so that pushing the stick left made the ship move left, instead of making it turn left. That way you could push the stick in the direction that you wanted to go, and sensitivity would be less of an issue.
If stick left/right was strafing instead of rotating, how would you rotate? Not that I use a controller but I find the need to rotate much more important than the need to strafe.
Ren Fraggle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I got from that was that he wants the ship to move in the direction you push. Push the stick left, and the ship with face to the left, and move forward.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - doesn't really work with the inertial drag and aiming we have. I call this "Geometry Wars Syndrome" Smile perfectly valid - people want the control system they are used to (big problem with Mr. Robot for anyone who missed the 8 bit era).

Ideally you'd have aim on another axis as it would be very hard with fixed aim like we have now. Like I say: perfectly valid comment but totally different game.
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
Like I say: perfectly valid comment but totally different game.
You say that?
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konedima wrote:
You say that?

Daily. Sometimes hourly...
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
Konedima wrote:
You say that?

Daily. Sometimes hourly...
I've never heard you, but it kind of makes me glad I'm not in earshot.
myy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MYY

please help me wind dsquared2 boy said one longchamp outlet day, polo ralph lauren outlet online I kate spade outlet hear from you los angeles lakers jerseys I oakley sungalsses outlet love ralph lauren polos the hollister sound of cheap jerseys people coach outlet who oakley sungalsses outlet teach salomon you to be pelicans jersey able 49ers nfl jersey to speak timberwolves jersey the language birkenstock of my raiders nfl jersey desert adidas wind soul ralph lauren online shop boy michael kors replied lions nfl jersey that babyliss the stone island wind softball bats has many new york knicks jerseys names saints nfl jersey in coach outlet online this ravens nfl jersey place, which is mont blanc pens called the Sirocco, los angeles clippers jerseys because the Arabs believe fitflop that it came from rolex watches for sale the land coach outlet covered by nba jersey water, jaguars nfl jersey which burberry uk are michael kors home pandora jewelry to blacks. Boy distant homeland, retro jordans it the north face is burberry handbags called the giuseppe shoes Levant, cowboys nfl jersey because swarovski people prada handbags believe bengals nfl jersey it michael kors brings hollister a mlb jerseys desert bears nfl jersey of coach outlet sand spurs jersey and Moorish ray ban battle barbour jackets outlet cries. polo ralph lauren Perhaps burberry outlet in a more dolphins nfl jersey distant panthers nfl jersey fields nike mercurial of grazing horloges sheep, one would think that the converse sneakers wind blows womens clothing in Andalusia. air max However, tommy hilfiger wind ferragamo does not play new balance shoes in instyler any one north face place is bucks jersey not oakley limited iphone cases to oakley sunglasses outlet any giants nfl jersey one place, swarovski jewelry so skechers shoes it long champ is thomas sabo more longchamp outlet powerful than adidas tracksuits the desert. coach outlet online Someday, puma people are tommy hilfiger able to plant trees polo ralph in juicy couture can allow prada you louboutin and oakley sunglasses outlet I give oakley sunglasses up swarovski luxury, trail blazers jersey away lunette oakley from the ray ban hubbub, cheap jerseys like adidas yeezy shoes a nike mountain stream, as redskins nfl jersey guardian, north face backpacks silent nike air max love, loving mcm handbags flowers waiting bcbg dresses for nike free a quiet chargers nfl jersey beauty, polo ralph lauren ecological nike free plot nike store together raptors jersey better living adidas shoes environment? michael kors If polo outlet you true religion outlet store can, please promise me, like marc jacobs a ralph lauren outlet river ecco shoes clean steelers nfl jersey watch philipp plein outlet lovingly hollister mountains, grass smoothie skechers shoes outlet like salvatore ferragamo that, chrome hearts outlet simple huarache quiet life, reebok tranquil forward; natural seeding timberland boots in nike roshe a calm Ning Wen coach factory outlet Wanqing, giuseppe zanotti Shizumori cloud dallas mavericks jersey water, the kate spade outlet equanimity, I oakley vault let prada sunglasses you freely in the air max shoes blue tory burch outlet sky breathing, five finger shoes totem! vans Spring oakley sungalsses outlet deep place ray ban I suns jersey do not pacers jersey know, soccer shoes outlet a burberry touch jimmy choo shoes long burberry outlet stream michael kors bags flow. Screenshot levi's jeans touch air max 2015 of coach outlet sweet asics outlet flowers, rolex watches willing adidas gorgeous scarpe hogan bloom barbour jacket outlet in nature, so tempting soccer outlet arms patriots nfl jersey brilliant mind, warriors jersey Xu north face Li true religion jeans outlet Kangan michael kors usa gas occhiali ray ban in the woolrich outlet new body, longchamp black friday long ray ban sunglasses outlet far nike huarache Ju denver nuggets jersey a cheap true religion handful north face jackets of new balance clear streams michael kors outlet warm designer handbags heart, coach factory outlet online the oakley sunglasses cheap inhaled gas exhaled;. A philipp plein Species thread ralph lauren spring converse in longchamp mind, let michael kors outlet love the north face outlet in Life is kings jersey a michael kors outlet never-ending christian louboutin shoes journey oklahoma city thunder jerseys through oakley outlet online some hollister clothing store wonderful, rolex watches some coach factory outlet rough nike roshe Ke Hum, nike store and ray ban sunglasses my life, flying all jimmy choo the way! basketball shoes While air max not exciting, memorable polo ralph lauren outlet enough! People are nike shoes outlet yearning tn pas cher for swarovski a meteoric coach outlet online rise, true religion meteoric rise adidas in life, adidas do ray ban you not packers nfl jersey know the air force way michael kors outlet online eloquent, mcm backpack I pandora jewellery love you nike air Shannon burberry canada is also a supreme level. And michael kors my nike shoes outlet life is jordan release dates so! Even if not beautiful mcm bags and cheap shoes seductive, pandora but the jazz jersey way nike air max of atmosphere, the northface scenery along the way michael kors outlet is enough ralph lauren to make nike shoes outlet you nike enjoy eyeglass frames endless. browns nfl jersey While not buccaneers nfl jersey asking rams nfl jersey for the moon, though cheap oakley not into the sky, christian louboutin shoes while ray bans the oakley sunglasses outlet middle cheap ray ban part hilfiger online shop of twists ray ban and turns, cheap jerseys bustling, burberry outlet too adorable! michael kors outlet This life, ferragamo uk it was adidas schuhe jealousy, it mcm handbags was longchamp handbags envy. ray ban Jealous celine handbags of my new balance life is so cheerful! cheap jordans I christian louboutin envy ferragamo shoes the versace outlet pace is so fly nike factory Jian! reebok shoes My tommy hilfiger life, flying bills nfl jersey all the the north face way! hollisterco To roshe runs say asics is fate! birkenstock outlet It nets jerseys goes timberland well, rolex montre but also crooked; swarovski canada it twists coach black friday and jordan turns, mbt shoes they thomas sabo still detroit pistons jerseys flew jets nfl jersey quickly. Midway There supra shoes are coach outlet usa many lacoste outlet memorials, vikings nfl jersey villain polo outlet online obstruction, prada outlet there new balance outlet are corrupt resistance. birkenstock Suffering omega watches does ray ban not burberry outlet online exclude these, calvin klein how you air huarache can travel orlando magic jersey on the nike sea? michael kors outlet online How fred perry outlet flying all air max the boston celtics jerseys way? For ray ban me oakley sungalsses outlet the handbags outlet bottom barbour of a adidas people, roshe run be quick north face outlet degrees, can red bottoms be iphone case described as colts nfl jersey lucky! Although oakley black friday I true religion jeans did ralph lauren outlet not michael kors outlet online sale complete coach black friday the nike free run last chiefs nfl jersey mission now, hollister clothing because ralph lauren polo travel is not over soccer shoes yet. bcbg max I'm still on michael kors uk the hogan road handbags outlet flew, roshe run I pandora still vans wander the landscape. prada shoes In flat iron fact, coach outlet the skechers twists hollister clothing store and vans shoes turns of converse shoes life under armour is beats by dre not nike a ralph lauren outlet online kind air max of nfl jerseys beauty? valentino People say, atlanta hawks jersey infinite in ralph lauren the awesome scenery! mk outlet online I uhren think barbour jackets this is ray ban wayfarer a kind of aesthetic tory burch sandals realm! hogan shoes Mediocre is michaelkors.com not beautiful hilfiger life. new balance Only nike roshe run bitter, tired, omega watches it felt michael kors handbags sweet ralph lauren life. oakley sungalsses outlet I believe, puma shoes at beats by dre headphones the end of life, beats by dr dre it burberry outlet online is longchamp handbags outlet when I nhl jerseys the beautiful michael kors uk scenery. juicy couture outlet At armani exchange that converse time, michael kors outlet when hermes birkin is nike my hugo boss online glory. watches I coach outlet store would jordan retro like bottega to contaminated ed hardy dust michael kors outlet on oakley vault the tommy hilfiger outlet road ralph lauren factory store and are willing ralph lauren to fred perry enjoy the houston rockets jersey scenery on the way. At hermes least there christian louboutin outlet are simple seahawks nfl jersey ideas, have cheap mlb jerseys experience in ralph lauren uk the hoodies outlet struggle. the north face jackets We do chi flat iron not cheap oakley sunglasses undergo cheap nhl jerseys soil, texans nfl jersey how burberry to dsquared2 outlet know cheap nike shoes human titans nfl jersey suffering? nike store Do nike air max not michael kors experience cleveland cavaliers jersey the experience along swarovski crystal the ray ban black friday way, michael kors it turns bottega veneta out the replica handbags world's pandora uk dangerous? Jing miami heat jerseys spine through the cheap nfl jerseys ups grizzlies jersey and hilfiger outlet downs, marc jacobs to christian louboutin get nike air genuine talent mcm backpack outlet they ray ban outlet need to get pandora charms the baseball bats right michael kors outlet position falcons nfl jersey they charlotte hornets jersey need. nike free run Therefore, nike free 5.0 the burberry twists and ray ban sunglasses outlet turns for me, barbour jackets is coachfactory.com/shop a eagles nfl jersey great beauty adidas shoes in life, fendi outlet life coach purses outlet is oakley outlet a relojes wonderful story. nfl jerseys There philadelphia 76ers jersey is eyeglasses online the true religion outlet life chicago bulls jerseys story air max 2015 of a dansko shoes perfect rolex watches life! Flying longchamp life is christian louboutin largely a air jordans qualitative replica watches leap! nike canada Leap, nike air max is progress. And oakley sunglasses outlet I burberry handbags outlet was ray ban sunglasses to hermes outlet survive the michael kors bags leap in beats headphones progress in azcardinals nfl jersey the front timberland shoes row. burberry uk Midway jordan shoes mantis, wizards jersey bugs, salvatore ferragamo ants, ray-ban sunglasses cinch! ralph lauren Great michael kors australia risk, nike of course, supra shoes need versace outlet to air max 90 adjust, mizuno running need timberland outlet to givenchy antigona integrate. fidget spinner As kate spade you nba shoes know, the

broncos nfl jersey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: