FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Eternitys Child
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Eternitys Child Reply with quote

The poor developer was savaged in reviews and made the mistake of responding aggressively while understandably upset - it made things worse. Now he says he's living in poverty, turned to drink and leaving the industry entirely - eek!

http://lucbernard.blogspot.com/

A free demo is available here:
http://steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=app&AppId=19510&cc=US

Looks lovely, I couldn't really work out how to get off the demo level or I'd have bought it just to see more artwork. I can see there are issues with the game play, but it's only $5 for goodness sake - give him a break!

p.s. what do you do after collecting the 2 diamonds?
Slyh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mentioned review, including the comments of Luc Bernard can be found here: http://www.destructoid.com/destructoid-review-eternity-s-child-97583.phtml
I don't find it unfair or even too harsh. You can feel that both editors are not very happy about that the game turned out bad.

His responses are dumb and childish, if you ask me. His reactions (poverty, drinking, ...) even more so.

The review, by the way, is from 01.08.2008 (where 08 is the month). How can he already live in poverty? (I didn't read his blog. Maybe he explains there.)
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He certainly handled the press and the public very badly, but I still feel bad for him. When you put your heart and soul into something and then see it pulverised I know how he feels and I know how quick the internet can be to judge too. It's only $5 for goodness sake and I've seen games much worse asking a lot more.

p.s. I think the poverty claim comes from the years sacrificed to make the game.
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloaded the demo. The graphics are great and the sound is by no means bad, but the demo didn't really wow me. I jumped around getting coins, a couple of gems and making the flying thing near me shoot other things, but there didn't really seem to be a point to it.

Not sure whether I'm missing something, the demo is far too cut down or the whole game is like that, but the first case isn't particularly unlikely, the second is always a bad idea and the third is just a problem.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get to the end of the demo though? I couldn't work out what was supposed to happen next. I remember it saying "find two diamonds", but I did that and then nothing happened?

Apart from not knowing what to do - which is probably my fault for not listening. I think it was a fantastic looking great sounding averagey playing game that seemed well worth $5. It just put me off when I couldn't work out how to end the demo.
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just played the demo again, got two diamonds and headed back to the smiley thing at the start. It triggered a generic "buy this game" spiel at the end, which didn't trigger the first time.

Anyone one of the things in that spiel (yes I'll keep calling it that) really bugged me. It says "With gorgeous graphics, an epic soundtrack, and a dedicated team of developers, this game is easily worth the price tag." It's probably just me, but that last bit really bugs me. Don't I decide whether something is worth my money? I guess I'm just complaining because I think a game is being far to pretentious for me.

Anyway if the entire game is just going through levels, shooting a few things and grabbing diamonds... I think it's a pretty shallow game. I don't think it matters if the graphics and sound are as good as they're only being supported by a very shallow game. Maybe as a free flash game, but I can't see me paying for it.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that's a shame. I was hoping there was more to the demo than that and this was just an easy introduction level1 type thing.

I suppose this is the problem with perceived value. The developer spent years over that game and knows it hasn't turned out quite as hoped and I'm sure that is why it has the $5 price. However, if you start to collide with ad sponsored free flash games even $5 starts to look expensive.

Consider this equally pretty, simple fun game - Dad n' me
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/254456
Slyh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konedima wrote:
[...] "buy this game" spiel at the end [...]

Do you realize that "spiel" ist the German word for "game" which makes it somewhat confusing as you are talking about a game? Wink
(Thank you for teaching me a new "English" word. Smile)
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slyh wrote:
Do you realize that "spiel" ist the German word for "game" which makes it somewhat confusing as you are talking about a game?
I do now! Although maybe that's what games should have... a minigame to encouraging you to buy the game instead of the usual screenshots with text over them.
hair65

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:04 am    Post subject: nike shoes and wigs Reply with quote

www.google.com online shopping human hair wigs and nike shoes for discount.wholesale lace front wigs and cheap nike air max shos online.where to buy high quality synthetic wigs and roshe run shoes is a best choice.
human hair wigs
cheap lace front wigs
full lace wigs
lace front wigs
cheap human hair wigs
cheap synthetic wigs
cheap wigs for women
cheap bob wigs
african american wigs cheap
afro wigs cheap
cheap full lace wigs
cheap curly wigs
cheap cosplay wigs
cheap wigs for men
cheap costume wigs
cheap hair extensions

cheap nike shoes
nike air max
nike air max 90
nike air max 90 womens white
white roshes mens
roshes women
cheap air max 90
air max 270 mens
nike air max 1 mens
cheap nikes online
nike sb janoski
nike skateboarding shoes
nike air force one men
nike air force 1 low
black huaraches
nike huarache women
air max 270
air max sale
nike air max sale
air jordan 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: