FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
must... see...screenies!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Independent Game Development View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: must... see...screenies!!! Reply with quote

I'm from the screenie mafia... I've come to collect some screenies from your new game. It's for your protection you know... Smile
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why am I not important enough to attract the screenie mafia?
colinvella

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're too small for the screenie mafia.. you need a couple of moderately complex quality indie games in your portfolio and a developer diary.. only then will the screenie mafia take interest in you Smile
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konedima wrote:
Why am I not important enough to attract the screenie mafia?

Cause day don talk ta pigs yo.

**** DA POLICE! Mr. Green
Weeble
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do hope we find out more about the new game soon. When it gets quiet for too long I am afraid that it might have been cancelled! I have my fingers crossed that we might see the triumphant return of the developer diary before too long.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plan was to do simpler games that could be released once a year if not quicker, as usual it didn't quite work Smile Maybe one day we'll get there.

I dislike labels, but current thinking is to try and alternate these games between our current "hard core" audience and a more mainstream audience. Having a toe in both markets might allow us to actually grow our user base and earn something approaching a decent living for a change.

The first one is a simple 2d mainstream word game, but we've fallen at the first hurdle as it's taking too long, but hopefully we'll get faster with practice. It should be done in a month or two. After that it's a scifi strategy game.

I love talking about the future, because it's guaranteed to mean it won't work out as I predict. Smile
Slyh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word game? Something like that?
http://www.reflexive.com/index.php?PAGE=GameList&CAT=Word
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That kind of thing, but a bit different. We've got another story by our friend Enzo (who did the one in MrRobot) and a ship to upgrade (not a space ship though Smile ) and a map and missions and special powers and stats and different enemies to fight and ...

Anyway, you'll see soon.
colinvella

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear....

Droid Dash?
Mystery Starscape Files?
Puzzle Warp Drive?
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poo Bear wrote:
That kind of thing, but a bit different. We've got another story by our friend Enzo (who did the one in MrRobot) and a ship to upgrade (not a space ship though Smile ) and a map and missions and special powers and stats and different enemies to fight and ...

Anyway, you'll see soon.

A ship that's not a space ship. Word pirates?
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

colinvella wrote:
Oh dear....

Droid Dash?
Mystery Starscape Files?
Puzzle Warp Drive?

Nah, so called "normal" people don't like scifi, how crazy is that? They're really missing out if you ask me.

Icarus has it right, the game has a pirates theme - argh, shiver me timbers matey! (etc)

Still, allegedly there's more of them than us so maybe it will be a hit and we'll be able to upgrade from Ramen to Pot Noodle.
colinvella

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I understand your position.. you're earning your daily bread doing this after all. So called "soccer moms" should be banned from playing games I say... they're shifting the market in the wrong direction!! Wink

Still, I look upon you guys as a bastion of true indie game development. Unfortunately, practically all indies are either switching to developing casual games or affiliate with the casual portals. It's a shame really, especially considering that casual games have reached a new low.. just more and more of the same basic game mechanics with some variation on themes and maybe gameplay Sad

I hope you really do well with this one, for the peace of mind that comes with solid income and so that you will have the means to pursue your original brilliant style. Smile
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now it seems the only pace I can really get a hardcore game is the freewhere market.

Its nice not paying for things but they just don't have the amount of polish as Mr Robot.

It would be awesome If Dwarf Fortress had a decent interface.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To reiterate - we'll be trying to release faster and alternate between the hardcore and the mainstream. So we aren't abandoning you.
starscape junkie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, excellent, I enjoy opportunities to flex my vocabulary. I get so few chances to do so in day to day life(people start giving you weird looks when you try to construct sentences with esoteric words(like esoteric Razz))

Plus the fact you can always count on moonpod to release a quality game that is simple to play yet capable of great depth and challenge at the same time. Smile Looking forward to it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Independent Game Development All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: