FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Space Tripper
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Space Tripper Reply with quote

I was looking through the big list of indie games to see what I hadn't played, and decided to give Space Tripper a go. It's fun to play, but I seem to suck at it really badly. I can't beat the spider boss on the third level of the demo. Not only do I rarely survive that far, but when I do I almost always run out of time. I've mostly been playing on hard, but I had a few goes on easy and couldn't see much of a difference.

My question is, is it worth buying the full version? Can you play other levels if you can't get past the ones in the demo? Or is it not worth it if I can't get to the end of the demo? And is it particularly hard or am I just very bad at it?
Crussh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, dont buy space tripper, i tried it and its too hard. I rarely get past the first level, and im a game overlord.
I myself think the game lacks real controls, you can move to the left and right and shoot, but you havent got a clue what you are doing and most of the time an enemy will come from behind and blow you away without you noticing.
Chrisj

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Space Tripper Reply with quote

Weeble wrote:
I was looking through the big list of indie games to see what I hadn't played, and decided to give Space Tripper a go. It's fun to play, but I seem to suck at it really badly. I can't beat the spider boss on the third level of the demo. Not only do I rarely survive that far, but when I do I almost always run out of time. I've mostly been playing on hard, but I had a few goes on easy and couldn't see much of a difference.

My question is, is it worth buying the full version? Can you play other levels if you can't get past the ones in the demo? Or is it not worth it if I can't get to the end of the demo? And is it particularly hard or am I just very bad at it?

It is impressively hard, and there's no way to level skip. But the end of the demo doesn't do it any favours - afaict, the spider boss is indestructible in the demo; certainly I managed to kill it in the full version with much less effort than I'd expended to no obvious effect in the demo.
I've quite enjoyed playing it, and have managed to kill the second boss, but not get any further than that. And because there's no level skip (or save your progress), I can't even practice on the tricky levels.... By the time I've fought my way through as far as I can, my RSI timer is telling me to stop playing, even if I'm using unlimited continues, so I'll probably never get any further. So I'm not playing it much anymore....

The other tricky part with the spider is that Spoiler (highlight to read):
you need to be slightly up onto the ramp to hit the red globe - if you're too far back, your shots hit the ramp underneath the spider. They look as though they're hitting the red globe, but they're not, so you're not doing any damage.
Which is annoyingly non-obvious.
Weeble
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to beat the spider once, with only one life remaining. I might still buy it because it's very cheap, but I don't hold out a lot of hope for getting much further. The pseudo-3d thing is quite confusing. The spider level is pretty frustrating for your shots going over or under the enemies hovering at the sides, and there doesn't seem to be a lot you can do about it other than wait until they're closer to you. And the first time I fell off the edge of the level I thought to myself, "What?!? I can fall off? That's just sadistic!" It's remarkable that it is still quite enjoyable despite being so viciously hard. It surprises me that they can afford to make the demo so hard. I'd have thought that would cost them sales.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a long time since I played it, but I did finish it on easy and thought it was a lot of fun.

<start of thread derailment>
I remember them saying it was quite commercially successful too, back in the day. I read something somewhere just before they launched mutant storm, they were expecting quite a high percentage of repeat customers and were quite upbeat about the future of PC indie development. Now all they make is XBLA games - a sad loss for the PC. As far as I know there are no plans to release MSE on PC either, that seems a sad indictment of the PC space.

I hope it does ok on xbla, I think they spent 2 years on it, gamerankings gives it 76% which is pretty good. However, there were no indie games in the top ten selling xbla games for 2007, but maybe that doesn't matter.

<end of thread derailment>
Crussh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<start of my opinion>
Spacetripper sucks.
<end of my opinion>
SethP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just beat the spider boss on hard (I can't seem to get him on easy -- odd, that). He's actually pretty easy, as long as you don't mind being really cheap:

Spoiler (highlight to read):
After you destroy his turrets and front missile, just go as far as possible to either the right or left. If you're up against the wall, he'll keep hopping but he won't be able to reach you. After a few hops, he'll open up his weak spot (the red eye thing) to shoot at you. As long as you can dodge the blasts and still get a hit or two in on him, you're golden.

As for the fun content of the game, I'd say it lives up to it's goals very well. It's a no-backstory, no-apologies arcade shooter. It's punishingly difficult, but it's perfect if you just want to kill some time shooting lasers at enemies.
SethP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the game (how can you lose for $9.95?), and it was really frustrating. I'd keep dying on the insect levels , and then I'd have to get through the 6 or so levels leading up to that again.

Then I discovered some magic. In the game's options menu, there's an innocuous setting called "continues." It defaults to off, but if you turn it on then the only limit to how long you can play is how much time you want to spend. Whenever you get a game over, a menu appears and asks if you want to continue. I haven't found any limit, yet, and there's no indication that there is one. The only downside is that your score is reset to 0, but even so the game is a lot more fun. I don't know if I could've beat it without using continue, I must've game over'd 20 times on the Temple of the Gods levels.
hair65

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:25 am    Post subject: nike shoes and wigs Reply with quote

www.google.com online shopping human hair wigs and nike shoes for discount.wholesale lace front wigs and cheap nike air max shos online.where to buy high quality synthetic wigs and roshe run shoes is a best choice.
human hair wigs
cheap lace front wigs
full lace wigs
lace front wigs
cheap human hair wigs
cheap synthetic wigs
cheap wigs for women
cheap bob wigs
african american wigs cheap
afro wigs cheap
cheap full lace wigs
cheap curly wigs
cheap cosplay wigs
cheap wigs for men
cheap costume wigs
cheap hair extensions

cheap nike shoes
nike air max
nike air max 90
nike air max 90 womens white
white roshes mens
roshes women
cheap air max 90
air max 270 mens
nike air max 1 mens
cheap nikes online
nike sb janoski
nike skateboarding shoes
nike air force one men
nike air force 1 low
black huaraches
nike huarache women
air max 270
air max sale
nike air max sale
air jordan 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: