FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Mysterious crash with user made adventure
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Mr. Robot Support View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Mysterious crash with user made adventure Reply with quote

I have been creating a user adventure on and off for quiet some time now. Suddenly whenever I try to play the adventure it crashes on load. That is to say, I hit start, it asks me for a name and I hit OK and boom program had encountered an error and will now close. The adventure loads in the level editor just fine. I have tried moving the starting place from room to room. The error message doesn't tell me anything about what is happening. It used to work fine. I loaded up the editor, added a few rooms, then tried to play them when it crashed for the first time.

I do not know what else to try. It doesn't look like any scripting error I have ever seen. I have tried all the other user adventures and all except Lost Nanomeks works fine. Lost Nanomeks also crashes just like my adventure.

If you can think of anything that I might try let me know. I do not know what else to try.

Here is a rar of the adventure if someone wants to take a look at it and see if they can find any problems. Also you can take a look and see what I have done. I think I have made quiet a few very interesting rooms. Some of them though are punishingly difficult, though the thing is designed like a labyrinth so if a room is to hard one can usually just go around. I'm not uploading it to the user adventures yet because well, it crashes on my computer. I think it is at a point where others might enjoy exploring it and as soon as I resolve this problem I'll upload it in the user adventures.

Edit: Now uploaded.

Last edited by Blizgerg on Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Slyh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to delete (or better rename) the files filecount.bin and lb.dat which are located in the directory MrRobot\data in your user's "My documents" directory.
Blizgerg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That worked!!
I never would have thought of that. How did you figure that out?
Slyh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trial and error. :-)

I'd be really, really happy if this bug was fixed soon so more people could play custom levels (and finally approve my level).
punman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slyh: ... The only thing keeping me from approving it is not being able to download it. Edit: Never mind. My account wasn't linked. I can download now.

Last edited by punman on Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slyh wrote:
Trial and error. Smile

I'd be really, really happy if this bug was fixed soon so more people could play custom levels (and finally approve my level).

I'm not seeing this problem, but I think this new exe might fix it. Can anyone who has a problem try it and let me know.

http://www.moonpod.com/board/images/misc/MrRobot_v1.2.zip

p.s. make sure you backup the current exe in case something goes wrong. In fact, backup everything Smile Copy your mydocuments\mrrobot folder somewhere safe.
Slyh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, the new exe seems to work. I used a backuped version of filecount.bin, which led to a crash when I tried to continue the Adumbrate adventure. After replacing the exe everything works fine now.
Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Mr. Robot Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: