FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
XboxWii60 or PSWii?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: XboxWii60 or PSWii? Reply with quote

I'm thinking of going down one of these routes towards the end of the year. Wii is looking like having full stop, and I'd like to get bluray and Rock band at some point.

So-
XboxWii60:
*Mass effect.
*Halo3
*Sensible Soccer
*Speedball 2

PSWii
*Little Big Planet
*Built in Bluray (not a major biggie for me as I'll probably get a standalone player, but at least I could wait for the silly prices to fall).

Anyone any thoughts?
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which ever one has assassins creed.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both do, although I'm completely uninterested in it personally.
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its prince of Persia meets splinter cell by the makers of both games. Whats not not like?
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not disparaging Assassins Creed, it's just not somehting I'm particularly interested in. Got a bit bored of anything even remotely 3rd person action-adventurey about 5 years ago and since then haven't been able to get back into the swing of things.
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I love stealth games.

Still my favorite genre is FPS and there are no good FPS for consoles.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Console FPS's are something I'm generally not too bothered about either, since I own a PC. Halo 3 is an exception just because I thought the first one was good fun.
Ren Fraggle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went through the same thing. I think what made up my mind is that I wanted to play LittleBigPlanet. In my opinion, there really isn't anything out right now that makes the PS3 worth getting, unless you want to use it to watch blue ray movies. The current games are limited, and they don't excite me. The online store, and games are poor when you consider the xbox 360. I was looking forward to getting one later when there is some better stuff out, the only reason I allowqed myself to get talked into it now was that I could trade in the PS2 and still play my older games.

The XBOX has more games, but few of those interest me, and those I see being released later either don't interest me, or is cross-platform. I also don't want to look forward to having the console break a year into buying it. I have a few friends who have bought them, and every one of them has broken at least once. I'm sure Microsoft will fix it eventually, but I can't see that happening soon; They only admitted to the problem a month ago.

If you want instant gratification, and the games that don't excite me do excite you, I would probably recommend the XBOX 360. It'll clearly has more to offer right now.

I decided to look forward, and from what I've seen yet to be released, I found the PS3 more interesting.

When I say nothing interests me, it is only my opinion. I'm a bit picky about games (and movies,) so I tend to be a little critical of games that everyone else seems to enjoy, and I tend to like games that other people thought dull, so you might just disagree with me. I've played the older Halos, and I really didn't see them as anything big. They were good FPS games for a console I suppose, but I have seen PC shooters during their times I thought much better. As far as shooters go, the next Halo isn't doing as much for me as the next Unreal Tournament is.
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
Console FPS's are something I'm generally not too bothered about either, since I own a PC. Halo 3 is an exception just because I thought the first one was good fun.

I said GOOD fps. /troll
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ren Fraggle wrote:
I could trade in the PS2 and still play my older games
Not with the European (and by extension, Australian) PS3 - when it comes to PS2 backwards compatibility, they're pretty useless.

Case in point: One of the kids I know (he's about 11) traded in his PS2 and all of his games except his Ratchet & Clank games for his PS3. Except that they don't work. Now he has a few PS3 games he doesn't play all that much and a few PS2 games he wants to play, but can't. Good thing he's much more of a Nintendo fan (I've known him for a while, apparently I'm a good teacher when it comes to that).

Personally, I'd go the xbox option. Don't get me wrong - I hate Microsoft, but I really don't see any advantages to the ($350 more expensive) PS3. The graphics are about the same (because both platforms have few exclusives, they're mostly just ported from one to the next accounting for the lowest performer), if you're into that sort of thing (which I'm not, cause I don't have a HDTV) they both play HD movies (and I much prefer HD-DVD because Sony is the devil's right hand (George W Bush is the left)), and I would say the 360 has a better controller (I've never liked PS controllers... they're too small and the left analog stick is in the wrong spot). And that's my rant.
Ren Fraggle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made sure that the one I got had the hardware backward compatibility, if all that I could have gotten was the software version, then that would have broken the deal. I've tried all the older games I still like to play, and they work well.

I tried to look at this as unbiased as I could. There will always be people that decide to go one way or the other only because they dislike the opposing company. Trying to debate with them about it is comparable to religion, or politics. You can point out some things about your console that you like, or the other one that you don't, and they will always have a counter point to make saying how yours is just as bad, or theirs is just as good. There will never be any convincing of either side through it.

I looked at what each console offered now and later, neverminding who made it, considered how much each would matter to me, and decided based on that.
Inane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot honorably recommend something, since I have a vendetta on Sony.

However, with the money you save by getting the 360 you can get a few more games.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder when an X360 that actually works reliably will be released? I know they are doing a 3year guarentee, but I'd rather not risk the 6week wait getting it repaired. It might be worth researching when it's coming out and checking the serial numbers before picking one up to make sure you get a good one. I'd have thought they'd definitely have everything fixed by xmas, just need to make sure you don't get old stock from the shop.

p.s. the reliability problems are allegedly due to a combination of poor cooling and sensitivity to mains supply variations. There are also allegedly issues with the dvd drive scratching disks. I've seen reports that 360's will be switching form 90nm to 60nm chips in september which should fix the overheating issue, but I don't know if that's true.
HunterXI

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poo Bear wrote:
I wonder when an X360 that actually works reliably will be released? I know they are doing a 3year guarentee, but I'd rather not risk the 6week wait getting it repaired. It might be worth researching when it's coming out and checking the serial numbers before picking one up to make sure you get a good one. I'd have thought they'd definitely have everything fixed by xmas, just need to make sure you don't get old stock from the shop.

p.s. the reliability problems are allegedly due to a combination of poor cooling and sensitivity to mains supply variations. There are also allegedly issues with the dvd drive scratching disks. I've seen reports that 360's will be switching form 90nm to 60nm chips in september which should fix the overheating issue, but I don't know if that's true.

In my experience, the 360s are pretty reliable; it's primarily the older ones that are having issues. I got mine 3 months after release, and it had troubles, too (this past spring), and needed to be sent back, but that process was pretty painless it took only like a week to get a replacement console, which now works perfectly. As to the disc scratching issue, that arises from stupid people changing the position of the console while the disc is spinning the gyroscopic effect causes the disc to resist the rotation, and "bend" into the path of the lens (this will happen with any disc drive).

I've also heard that Microsoft will be switching to 60nm this fall maybe a good time to think about one for Christmas (especially with the recent price drop).

Disclaimer: I also have a bit of a bias against Sony. That said, I do love my 360, and recommend it to gamers the world around.
hair65

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject: nike shoes and wigs Reply with quote

www.google.com online shopping human hair wigs and nike shoes for discount.wholesale lace front wigs and cheap nike air max shos online.where to buy high quality synthetic wigs and roshe run shoes is a best choice.
human hair wigs
cheap lace front wigs
full lace wigs
lace front wigs
cheap human hair wigs
cheap synthetic wigs
cheap wigs for women
cheap bob wigs
african american wigs cheap
afro wigs cheap
cheap full lace wigs
cheap curly wigs
cheap cosplay wigs
cheap wigs for men
cheap costume wigs
cheap hair extensions

cheap nike shoes
nike air max
nike air max 90
nike air max 90 womens white
white roshes mens
roshes women
cheap air max 90
air max 270 mens
nike air max 1 mens
cheap nikes online
nike sb janoski
nike skateboarding shoes
nike air force one men
nike air force 1 low
black huaraches
nike huarache women
air max 270
air max sale
nike air max sale
air jordan 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: